Jordan Danks DFA, Phillies claim him

flavum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
If John Danks and Jordan Danks weren't brothers, no one would give a s*** he was just designated for assignment.

But... BJ Suck is still on the 40-man roster, so its a headscratcher.

Thanks,

Charlie Haeger's Knuckles

That's not true, I don't think anyone at this point gives a damn that they're brothers. Jordan is a very good defensive of who can't hit so there are some people who wanted him to stay and some people who wanted him gone. He's certainly not irrelevant.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
If John Danks and Jordan Danks weren't brothers, no one would give a s*** he was just designated for assignment.

But... BJ Suck is still on the 40-man roster, so its a headscratcher.

Thanks,

Charlie Haeger's Knuckles

I disagree, Jordan had some fans. One fan.

I was his only fan :angry:

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
Weird

Yeah, I'm surprised as well.

I wouldn't think you can have Bonifacio as the only bench guy who can play CF as he presumably is covering a bunch of other positions, and Eaton's a good candidate to get banged up and miss 3 games in a row here and there. And with potential butchers Garcia and Cabrera out there, 'excellent defensive outfielder' is even more valuable. JB Shuck has only played a few CF games in his career and it'd be surprising to assume he could do it without watching him in spring training.

My first guesstimate is that there's another move(s) coming that involve bench/OF.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
Yeah, I'm surprised as well.

I wouldn't think you can have Bonifacio as the only bench guy who can play CF as he presumably is covering a bunch of other positions, and Eaton's a good candidate to get banged up and miss 3 games in a row here and there. And with potential butchers Garcia and Cabrera out there, 'excellent defensive outfielder' is even more valuable. JB Shuck has only played a few CF games in his career and it'd be surprising to assume he could do it without watching him in spring training.

My first guesstimate is that there's another move(s) coming that involve bench/OF.

Either that or they figure the can re-sign him after they trade DV. This way they don't lose anyone.