Brian Anderson..heeee's baaaack...heeee's gone

flavum

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
Still, you think they could do better than a guy who couldn't hit 5 years ago. The last time he faced pro pitching.

I think he may be going to Soxfest. Maybe his "fee" is doing him this solid. I expect him to be cut in AZ.

Alot of his problems were self-inflicted immaturity. Maybe he grew up and some of the talent will finally come through. It's worth a shot.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudy 2...

Too many talented prima donna athletes are drafted into MLB/NFL/NBA and never reach their potential. The quote about being more excited today tells it all. Back then, he took everything for granted, playing baseball was easy for him at the high school and collegiate level. But, at some point, he failed to make adjustments and/or listen to coaching and also got caught up in the lifestyle, which ended up killing his career. Not the first time. It's just unfortunate White Sox scouts when they were down in Arizona weren't able to identify Ian Kinsler instead.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
I will go to my grave believing we win the 2006 AL Central if he's the everyday starting CF and Mackowiak barely, if ever, plays there. Entirely for defensive reasons. And no, WAR doesn't agree and I get that.

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (Armchair Hahn @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
he comes back as a new breed of RP/OF...the White Sox are innovative, breaking barriers in creating hybrid relief pitchers/positional players.... 2 positions, 1 roster spot...BRILLIANT!!

Come on, this deserved a nod and wink. Nice work.

Hmm, 100 RBIs or some of the ladies he "dated"?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
Come on, this deserved a nod and wink. Nice work.

Hmm, 100 RBIs or some of the ladies he "dated"?

Brian Anderson will be traded to another team that never specified that it was Tim Anderson they wanted. Sox win World Series . Hahn Exec. of the Year. Brian Anderson having served his purpose now officially retires and is given lifetime season tickets in a skybox.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
Have you ever heard of a guy named Adam Eaton?

Anderson won't be anything more than a 4th outfielder and that's if he even makes the team (which is unlikely).

And when Eaton goes down with the inevitable leg injury a few months in who exactly will be taking his spot in CF? J.B. Shuck? Yeah, not so much, the job will go to the elite defender playing with renewed vigor and is well accustomed with White Sox culture. This is a brilliant move.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
And when Eaton goes down with the inevitable leg injury a few months in who exactly will be taking his spot in CF? J.B. Shuck? Yeah, not so much, the job will go to the elite defender playing with renewed vigor and is well accustomed with White Sox culture. This is a brilliant move.

I just don't see it. Sure, Anderson is a good defender. The problem is that he can't hit worth sh!t. Essentially, he is the right handed version of Jordan Danks.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
I just don't see it. Sure, Anderson is a good defender. The problem is that he can't hit worth sh!t. Essentially, he is the right handed version of Jordan Danks.

Because Jordan Danks has a first round pedigree and a ring? There's a strong emphasis on defense in today's game, more so than we've ever seen before, Anderson's ELITE level defense would be invaluable between Melky and Avisail.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 14, 2015 -> 07:33 PM)
Because Jordan Danks has a first round pedigree and a ring? There's a strong emphasis on defense in today's game, more so than we've ever seen before, Anderson's ELITE level defense would be invaluable between Melky and Avisail.

You mean since PEDs were rampant in the 90's and 2000's. Prior to that the league was filled with defense first guys in CF, SS and C.