MLB Network Top 10 Right Now

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

So far all they've done is CF and SS . Eaton came in at 7th and Alexei 8th for their respective positions at least according to the Shredder . Who else do you all think from the Sox will make the Top 10 ? Abreu and Sale for sure though there are so many starting pitchers top 10 seems like too few otherwise Quintana and Samardzija might have a shot if it went to the Top 20. Melky has a good shot to make the list in LF and Robertson as a reliever . That should be about it . Catcher should be interesting because the position is so thin.

I'm hoping Avi can make it next year. It's interesting to note that Avi hit the longest HR for a Sox player in 2014 an estimated 468 foot shot at the Trop against the Rays Sept 21st when he hit 2 . The distance I got was from the MLB network top 50 longest HR's of 2014 of which Avi's was #9 for the year. Avi's other one from that day was 442 feet ! MLB network gets their distances from ESPN Stats & Information Group. http://www.hittrackeronline.com/top_true_distance.php Not sure but I think every HR hit is listed there with an accompanying video if anyone is interested in watching bombs from last year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
I watched those episodes. I predict Robertson to be unranked, Melky to be #6, Sale at either #3 or #4 (they might put Kluber ahead of him), and Abreu at #2. This isn't necessarily what I think is right, but I have a feeling this is what The Shredder will say.

I'm pretty sure Robertson made the Shredders list last year and don't think he did anything in 2014 to be off of that list unless more relievers just stepped up.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 11:46 PM)
So far all they've done is CF and SS . Eaton came in at 7th and Alexei 8th for their respective positions at least according to the Shredder . Who else do you all think from the Sox will make the Top 10 ? Abreu and Sale for sure though there are so many starting pitchers top 10 seems like too few otherwise Quintana and Samardzija might have a shot if it went to the Top 20. Melky has a good shot to make the list in LF and Robertson as a reliever . That should be about it . Catcher should be interesting because the position is so thin.

I'm hoping Avi can make it next year. It's interesting to note that Avi hit the longest HR for a Sox player in 2014 an estimated 468 foot shot at the Trop against the Rays Sept 21st when he hit 2 . The distance I got was from the MLB network top 50 longest HR's of 2014 of which Avi's was #9 for the year. Avi's other one from that day was 442 feet ! MLB network gets their distances from ESPN Stats & Information Group. http://www.hittrackeronline.com/top_true_distance.php Not sure but I think every HR hit is listed there with an accompanying video if anyone is interested in watching bombs from last year.

I'm really enjoying the homer site, thanks... I think Robertson should make the top ten

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 06:45 AM)
I'm really enjoying the homer site, thanks... I think Robertson should make the top ten

With a lot of us impatient for the season to start just figured watching bombs is always fun and semi satisfies the craving for baseball. You're welcome.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
Finally watching this episode for CFs, and I didn't know Eaton's WAR was 5.2 last year. That's insane.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 11:45 PM)
Didn't he have a 2.7 fWAR? Or am I missing something

Both right. Eaton had one of the widest bWAR-fWAR gaps in baseball last year because the defensive systems disagreed about him. UZR said he was below average, DRS said he was really good.