Caribbean Classic

seanjon21

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
I know he made some delivery and grip changes when he was indy ball. And he certainly did perform better on returning to the Sox system. But the mid-90's FB is news to me as well.

put it this way, if he was on anyone's radar, future sox people would have found him earlier. but either way, i like a new hidden prospect has emerge.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
put it this way, if he was on anyone's radar, future sox people would have found him earlier. but either way, i like a new hidden prospect has emerge.

While I appreciate the sentiment, there are certainly players who pop up that no one is expecting. It happens. Marin is a guy that has been on my "radar" for some time, but he never pushed himself up enough for me to look all that deeply. The new reports do make him bump up a bit on my mental list.

Then again, I also have a much looser definition of "prospect" than most. To me, pretty much anyone in the system that is A) getting starting games/innings, and B) is not a ringer who is multiple years too old for level, qualifies as a prospect. Basically, anyone with a non-zero chance of making the majors.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
While I appreciate the sentiment, there are certainly players who pop up that no one is expecting. It happens. Marin is a guy that has been on my "radar" for some time, but he never pushed himself up enough for me to look all that deeply. The new reports do make him bump up a bit on my mental list.

Then again, I also have a much looser definition of "prospect" than most. To me, pretty much anyone in the system that is A) getting starting games/innings, and B) is not a ringer who is multiple years too old for level, qualifies as a prospect. Basically, anyone with a non-zero chance of making the majors.

well here is an example to my comment, you had Marin on your radar, which proves my assessment. i am right when i say, yous guys are on top of this, and are a fan related forum. these so call pro's don't have it.

but thanks for your thanks. ;)

peace