Twins/Sox duel

Guest wsc425

Anybody agree with me that the race will come down to Minnesota and the White Sox??? Seriously now, it seems as tho KC is finished and we are winning the war with Minnesota. With Mankevich gone for Minny, do they have a chance to win???

Anybody agree with me that the race will come down to Minnesota and the White Sox??? Seriously now, it seems as tho KC is finished and we are winning the war with Minnesota. With Mankevich gone for Minny, do they have a chance to win???

take note doug m is not gone he has played the last 2 nites but i think 7 games against kc AND minny is what will decide it cuz KC can still make a run

How are you proud of this team? They have thoroughly disappointed this year. With the players we have assembled, we should be thinking about who were playing in the playoffs, not how many games we need to win to get to the playoffs. This team shoulda won this division easily, but like they have through out history, the White Sox disappointed yet again...

Yeah I can't see the Royals coming back from where they r now unless they sweep the series with us, and Minny goes ito pre All-Star Game mode again. Their starters just aren't consistently eating enough quality innings for them to give their bats much of a chance anymore.

How are you proud of this team? They have thoroughly disappointed this year. With the players we have assembled, we should be thinking about who were playing in the playoffs, not how many games we need to win to get to the playoffs. This team shoulda won this division easily, but like they have through out history, the White Sox disappointed yet again...

Why? Because they pulled through that horrid first half and have made it a hell of a race. Proved that douchebag Joe Posnanski wrong too.

"No team has ever won a division after being down 7 or more at the ASB." Mr. Douchebag also doesn't realize that not only do the Royals blow major ass, but that no team has ever won a division after losing 100 games the previous season(which has been brought up numerous times on here).

I just wanna say "Hey Joe, I thought you guaranteed us that the Royals were gonna win the division. What happened to that fuctard?"

And making it a hell of a race does not make me proud. Making the playoffs (which we havent even done yet) and winning it all is the only thing that makes me proud. If we blow a lead and lose in the ninth in the seventh game of the WS, Im not gonna say its been a great season. Im going to say this sucked. There aint no kudos for second place in my book.

And making it a hell of a race does not make me proud. Making the playoffs (which we havent even done yet) and winning it all is the only thing that makes me proud. If we blow a lead and lose in the ninth in the seventh game of the WS, Im not gonna say its been a great season. Im going to say this sucked. There aint no kudos for second place in my book.

Well then you need to pull your head out of your ass and realize that only ONE team wins it all every year.....odds are, it will not be the White Sox.

And hey, its fine if they dont win. I just dont give out points for second place, aka losing. Winning it all is the only way Ill give them any credit...

But points don't go out for a team that has played .650 ball the second half of the season?

If we lose the division by 1 game, then you pat the Twins/Royals on the back, and congratulate them. We will have played a hell of a season, regardless.

Hell no! If the Sox lose by a game, heres what ya gettin from me. "f*** the Twins, I hope the Yanks blow you the f*** outta the playoffs, and f*** this team. What a disappointment." If we lose to the Yanks in the playoffs, itll be that too. f*** the Yanks yada yada yada.

I won't be happy we lose. I probably will be saying f*** the Twins and f*** the Yanks along with you too. Doesn't mean I won't be proud of being a White Sox fan.

Roman take a long look at that tara reed photo and calm down.

You mean to tell me the Sox deserve no credit?

Give me a break.

True they have played like s*** much of the early season, but lots of guys

have done well and shown guts.

I mean we may not win it; we still may blow it, but if we were running

away with the division, it doesn't mean we'd win squat in playoffs.

We've run away with it before and sucked in postseason.

It has been a wild season of ups and downs.

They've had some outstanding victories.

I give credit to Crede, Frank, J-Lo, Mark B, Garland, Konerko for

battling back, CLee for all his ribbies; I don't want to list any more now

but s*** there have been many highlights no matter how we do in the

postseason or even if we make the postseason.

Like the one poster said, just one team can win it all.

The sox have sucked a lot, but they've also had some nice wins.

And hey, its fine if they dont win. I just dont give out points for second place, aka losing. Winning it all is the only way Ill give them any credit...

If all you care about is winning, then your a fan of the wrong organization..... cuz history would tell you that we aren't that successful.

If this season hasn't made you proud of being a sox fan, than you should just hang up the silver and black and pick up a Yankee pinstripe uniform, because this season has been amazing to watch, and I am proud of the 25 men we have on our roster.

If we had the Tigers team, I wouldnt root for them to win. Well, Id root for them to win but I wouldnt expect and demand it. Id realize it wouldnt happen. But look at this team! They can win it all, they really can, but they wont cuz they dont play fundamental baseball and because of this, the 2003 White Sox will always disappoint me...

Guest Ncorgbl

As written to your 'buddy' yesterday;

You are witnessing a rarity in baseball, something that has a football term, 'Parity'. Of the 30 MLB teams in existance, a full 12 are in a division race with 3 weeks to go in the season. That's 12 markets, 12 television outlets, 12 regions from coast to coast, border to border. The race in our division is a classic as we've not seen since the two 8 team leagues, long before you were even a thought, long before your selfish, impatient being graced us with your inane demands. It is exciting, edge of the seat, nail biting baseball at it's best, with changes in the standings every day, and due to your whining about how terribly you have suffered, you're missing it all.

It applies to you as well.

The only ones who thought this team had or has as much talent as you describe doesn't know much about baseball. Learn from this season , and quit being a little snot. Did you expect Loaiza to win 20 games and Colon to win 12? Did you expect Lee to actually remember how to be an all year long player? They don't play the games on paper, if they did Texas would be near undefeated and KC would still be looking for their first win. This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting seasons in MLB history and you're sitting in a corner whining about your team not playing your way.

'Fans' like you and bummer31 are the reason I've said for years that if I owned the White Sox I'd move them in a heartbeat. You don't deserve them.

MLB gives them credit for 2nd place (at least one team) it's called the wild card ;)

'Fans' like you and bummer31 are the reason I've said for years that if I owned the White Sox I'd move them in a heartbeat. You don't deserve them.

Which market would you move them to? Critical fans are all over. As a rule I believe Chicago sports fans, and baseball fans in particular, are patient. If we weren't, both these teams would have folded decades ago due to lack of post season success. The fact we have supported two losing teams for over 100 years is amazing.

By-the-way if you did move the team would you take your favorite "Tub of Goo" with you ;)

:D

Just wondering.....when was the last time the White Sox were in a race as close as this one is this late in the season?  :huh:

I’ll hazard a response that the 1967 campaign is the one to rival this one, as far as being in it until the very end. 1967 was the year I was born, so unfortunately (or fortunately, perhaps?) this is not personal recollection.

A three-game sweep in the last series of the year against the very bad Washington Senators was what the sox needed to advance. Instead, the Senators swept the Sox, who finished with a record of 89-73. Like the 2003 team, the 1967 he team was apparently a bad home team, as they were 49-33 at home and 40-40 while playing on the road.

The 1977 campaign is the heartbreak "almost made it" year I do remember. But of course we were really pretty much out of it the whole month of September, when the Royals kept playing insanely great ball and we did not.