Farewell to Dayan Viciedo

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
Fixed.

God I love their chicken.

now how bout if someone like churches or kfc or homemade southern chicken. now you may offend those people. how bout if a person is a vegan????

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
Guys, please lighten up on Douglas, thanks.

Really don't want to lose the treasure trove of humor he can provide, thanks.

Missing Marty, and he's the closest facsimile, thanks.

:wub:

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
It wasn't that long ago everyone would call one of our world series pitchers Judy garland all the time.

Man I hated that. I always fought back when somebody stepped on Garland.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
foot in mouth well deserved, tough crowd here.

thanks, douglas

At least you admitted it was well deserved. You could have gotten a vacation for that one, probably with those food references.

I have only been a member here a month, and it's been a rocky road. I suspect I'm a little too far to the

right of most members of this board, nothing I can say will change that. You all will have to put up with

an uneducated bigot and a loudmouth, i hope i can still visit here if my posting privileges are revoked.

................. thanks, douglas

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
I have only been a member here a month, and it's been a rocky road. I suspect I'm a little too far to the

right of most members of this board, nothing I can say will change that. You all will have to put up with

an uneducated bigot and a loudmouth, i hope i can still visit here if my posting privileges are revoked.

The Right. Being proud of their uneducated bigotry since 1980.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)

I'm no admin, so I can't say where the lines are drawn, but I think you'll find the place pretty forgiving and not too "high-horsey" most of the time. And dissent is good, so I hope you stick around - just have to watch the PC stuff, or the flaming will be swift.

Don't forget collard greens.

Thanks, Fuzzy Zoeller

Actually, aren't tacos part of Spanish culture? Or did they originate in Mexico after colonization? Just curious. I eat at "tapas" restaurants here in China, but Mexican "international" food is pretty much non-existent except for Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong. I've also never seen a single Taco Bell (which of course is not "authentic" compared to what you'd get south of the Border, either) in any Asia country.

Most Asians do eat rice, dumplings and/or noodles everyday in some form....so the "go eat rice" thing isn't nearly as annoying to them as the making the "slant eyes" gesture last seen in the World Championships for basketball.

As to being "right" or conservative, the slam/political forums are the place for that. It also depends how you go about being conservative....if it's self-deprecating or annoying (like the newest incantation of Donald Trump). At any rate, the baseball side of the forum tends to be a lot more sensitive to those types of statements.

And perhaps there's even some remnants of working class/labor/Southside "populism" left in being a White Sox fan. Maybe Brooks Boyer and his demographics people could be more illuminating. One would think the Sox and Cubs fanbases have become more similar than dissimilar over the last generation or two of fans, compared to say the 70's or 80's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Most Asians do eat rice, dumplings and/or noodles everyday in some form....so the "go eat rice" thing isn't nearly as annoying to them as the making the "slant eyes" gesture last seen in the World Championships for basketball.

My wife is Korean - I've nicknamed her Sweet Dumpling, and we both make fun of her broken "Engrish". Marriage has given me racism carte blanche.

Maybe Douglas was just trying a little too hard to be funny. Been there.

Let's move on. :)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)

Thanks, Fuzzy Zoeller

Actually, aren't tacos part of Spanish culture? Or did they originate in Mexico after colonization? Just curious. I eat at "tapas" restaurants here in China, but Mexican "international" food is pretty much non-existent except for Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong. I've also never seen a single Taco Bell (which of course is not "authentic" compared to what you'd get south of the Border, either) in any Asia country.

As to being "right" or conservative, the slam/political forums are the place for that. It also depends how you go about being conservative....if it's self-deprecating or annoying (like the newest incantation of Donald Trump). At any rate, the baseball side of the forum tends to be a lot more sensitive to those types of statements.

And perhaps there's even some remnants of working class/labor/Southside "populism" left in being a White Sox fan. Maybe Brooks Boyer and his demographics people could be more illuminating. One would think the Sox and Cubs fanbases have become more similar than dissimilar over the last generation or two of fans, compared to say the 70's or 80's.

most of the ethnic food of many races has to do with economy, and even in the irish and english way of life. never would any middle to higher classes would eat potato but it was dirty and grew in dirt. that is what the higher class thought.

Hispanic was the same, using every part of a cow, pig, chicken etc.... and instead of bread, it was tortilla's. the same with american indians. when the african americans came as slaves, they learned from other races on how to eat EVERYTHING ON THE HOOF. that was that term came for eating what was considered peasant food that the poor white and hispanic was expected to eat. can you imagine, ribs, ham, pig feet, fries, etc.... would not been a staple today if most of our earlier ancestors could afford to eat b/c they were not high nobility.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)

Thanks, Fuzzy Zoeller

but the asians are very different in their thinking of food. rice to them is ok, even for the nobles. it is a staple to eat, a bowl of rice, a plate of veggies and maybe a fish. is a great meal that all asians can eat, without thinking it is for the lower class only.

i may be wrong, i dated an asian and what i found out is food is for eating no matter who is at the table.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
My wife is Korean - I've nicknamed her Sweet Dumpling, and we both make fun of her broken "Engrish". Marriage has given me racism carte blanche.

Maybe Douglas was just trying a little too hard to be funny. Been there.

Let's move on. :)

only if he wants to learn from that, which none of us can tell. only thru his future post.

there has been many more worst things said. what some said today is minor.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)

There wasn't anything wrong with your post douglas.

Whoever was offended by the taco comment needs to pull their liberal PC thongs out of their butts.

Now, if you could help me figure out how to get all those darn zipperheads off my lawn...

QUOTE (black jack @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 04:27 AM)

Whoever was offended by the taco comment needs to pull their liberal PC thongs out of their butts.

Now, if you could help me figure out how to get all those darn zipperheads off my lawn...

i really don't know what this means, are you meaning zipperneck. like in the movie young frankenstein. Near the end of Young Frankenstein, the enlightened monster's new wife calls him Zipperneck, but he really has a zipper in his neck.

i am kinda of confuse here. :o

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
i really don't know what this means, are you meaning zipperneck. like in the movie young frankenstein. Near the end of Young Frankenstein, the enlightened monster's new wife calls him Zipperneck, but he really has a zipper in his neck.

i am kinda of confuse here. :o

zipperhead |ˈzipərˌhed| noun US offensive

an Asian person.

QUOTE (black jack @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)

again, 2015.

If liberal = not being an asshole to other people then I'm ok with that. :D

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 05:02 AM)
zipperhead |ˈzipərˌhed| noun US offensive

an Asian person.

yeah, i know what was being meant. i was trying to disfuse the comment by trying to make a joke from a mel brooks movie. dang, rough crowd. however you should at least given me props from know the quote from the movie.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 02:26 AM)
yeah, i know what was being meant. i was trying to disfuse the comment by trying to make a joke from a mel brooks movie. dang, rough crowd. however you should at least given me props from know the quote from the movie.

For some reason, I thought it was Clint Eastwood at the beginning of Gran Torino...he said something similar to that about the Hmong.

Of course, he grows to respect them greatly by the end of the film.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 9, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
For some reason, I thought it was Clint Eastwood at the beginning of Gran Torino...he said something similar to that about the Hmong.

Ding ding.

I was implying that Doug was Clint and I was asking advice!