2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
Mike Ripley should be fired after 1 year, ha. He's terrible.

I didn't have a huge issue with Nebraska firing Pelini but if you are going to fire a good but not great coach you better have someone a hell of a lot better in mind than Mike Riley.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 06:53 PM)
I didn't have a huge issue with Nebraska firing Pelini but if you are going to fire a good but not great coach you better have someone a hell of a lot better in mind than Mike Riley.

But he's a nice guy!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
Hell yeah! Illinois football is just so much more enjoyable without Beckman on the sidelines.

I feel like they are more disciplined without Beckman.

If Cubit somehow gets to 7-5 or 8-4 before a bowl game, I think you have to take the interim tag off him and make him the permanent head coach.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Would be shocked if Baylor isnt playing Ohio State at the end. Briles is dirty as hell, but he can coach and has several first round talents on offense and defense.

Ohio State will have to get by MSU, Michigan and whoever they play in the Semifinal. I'd be shocked if they won all 3 of those games if they continue to play like this

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)

If Cubit somehow gets to 7-5 or 8-4 before a bowl game, I think you have to take the interim tag off him and make him the permanent head coach.

I would like them to at least put fliers out for the "hot" candidates, but yeah, I'd have no issues with Cubit in that situation. Given all the drama, it's not easy to get college kids focused and ready to play every week.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
I would like them to at least put fliers out for the "hot" candidates, but yeah, I'd have no issues with Cubit in that situation. Given all the drama, it's not easy to get college kids focused and ready to play every week.

I agree to an extent because all those "hot" coaches are from the MAC and we've seen that before. I'm comfortable with Cubit and Golesh (recruiting coordinator) because they are starting to bring in some good talent.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
Ohio State will have to get by MSU, Michigan and whoever they play in the Semifinal. I'd be shocked if they won all 3 of those games if they continue to play like this

Agreed. They are playing like s***. But all you have to do is win.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 05:25 AM)
Agreed. They are playing like s***. But all you have to do is win.

Michigan's offense won't score on Ohio St's defense unless it improves greatly.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)

I would be concerned he can't recruit. If we're unable to recruit, we might as well hire a system coach like an Art Briles type to coach our team and get the most out of 3 star guys.