2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
99.9% sure Nick Chubb just blew out his knee. He couldn't go pro under the NFL's rules but every single player that is good enough to be a first or second round pick should never come back for their SR year.

Leonard Fournette should retire from CFB today, don't even play against South Carolina

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
Tim Banks doing nothing when Iowa ran 10 times in a row was comical. Banks needs launched.

Eh, the defense has been good this year. That was mostly a matter of the dline getting tired and the linebackers not being good enough or athletic enough. I have had no issue with the coaching overall this year although Cubit drives me nuts with his play calling and decision making at times.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
99.9% sure Nick Chubb just blew out his knee. He couldn't go pro under the NFL's rules but every single player that is good enough to be a first or second round pick should never come back for their SR year.

IMO, if a player gets a top 32 grade from the NFL- no matter their grade or age- they should be eligible to enter the draft

Congrats to Steve Addazio of Boston College for the biggest coaching blunder of 2015.

down 3-0 with under 20 seconds left, 0 timeouts from the 1 yard line and you run it up the gut and get stuffed. Of course time runs out before the spike and Wake wins.

with 1 minutes left in the game, Wake had 3rd and 3 from around their own 10 yard line. Just trying to run out the clock and probably take a safety to win 3-2, the Wake RB fumbled the ball to give BC the ball at around the 13.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Eh, the defense has been good this year. That was mostly a matter of the dline getting tired and the linebackers not being good enough or athletic enough. I have had no issue with the coaching overall this year although Cubit drives me nuts with his play calling and decision making at times.

300 yards on the ground against is not good to me. 400 plus yards against under Banks is a staple every week.

Nebraska is snakebit

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
300 yards on the ground against is not good to me. 400 plus yards against under Banks is a staple every week.

Nebraska is snakebit

Coming into today they were top 25 in yards against and scoring defense and they kept Illinois in the game in the first half when the offense couldn't stay on the field.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
Coming into today they were top 25 in yards against and scoring defense and they kept Illinois in the game in the first half when the offense couldn't stay on the field.

Talk to me after Wisky runs for 400 yards stats are because of 2 cupcakes early it is go time now. Banks fails badly against real teams.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Michigan is going to boat race Northwestern and then they will free fall back to their norm. Like usual.

Northwestern that is.

Nothing would surprise me with Northwestern, good or bad, but they will win at least 8 games with their schedule. I'd be surprised if they don't win 9. The Big Ten West is historically bad, there's no game left they can't win. They still host Penn State and Purdue, which should be fairly comfortable wins. I still don't buy that Illinois is any good (they've played OK for two straight weeks, but that's still a team that lost to North Carolina by 34 points). Iowa isn't anything special and they come to Evanston next week. Road games at Wisconsin and Nebraska are tough only because they're road games, those teams are entirely average.

Also, boat race? WTF?