2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

This is a fascinating page that I could stare at for hours: A compilation of 91 (mostly computer) rankings. Never heard of many of them.

Utah ranks first in 40 of them and is of course first in the aggregate.

Baylor ranks first in 21 of them but is only seventh in the aggregate because many of the rankings really don't like them. As low as 93rd(??) in one of them.

OSU ranks first in 11 and is second in the aggregate.

Two of the rankings apparently missed the last 10 seconds of one of the games and have Michigan ranked first.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
Dantonio didn't try and meet Harbaugh to shake hands after the game at midfield. Ran to tunnel and started yelling at students from reports.

If he didn't get so butt hurt about a 20 year olds comments 8 years ago, nobody would care. We only call them little brother because it gets under their skin so much.

He's such a miserable old f. Hope OSU destroys them for the frauds they are.

Wahh wahh, he wouldn't shake my coach's hand. :crying

Look, it's not the classiest thing to do on his part, but don't act like it makes a difference. We make too big of a deal of these handshake snub things. It's not relevant

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)

Look, it's not the classiest thing to do on his part, but don't act like it makes a difference. We make too big of a deal of these handshake snub things. It's not relevant

Technically Dantonio ran to his injured players side instead of shaking Harbaughs hand, I dont fault him for that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
Technically Dantonio ran to his injured players side instead of shaking Harbaughs hand, I dont fault him for that.

If that's true, I agree. Reports I saw said he didn't though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)

When Dantonio and crew run their mouths and talk about being disrespected, when nobody is doing that, then, pulls the high horse act he should get called out.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 06:51 AM)
1 Utah

2 LSU

3 Ohio State

4 Clemson

5 Michigan State

6 Iowa

7 Baylor

8 TCU

9 Oklahoma State

10 Florida State

Having seen both teams in person, Iowa and TCU don't even compare. I can buy most of the rest of it. Haven't seen enough of Okie State to tell.

Josh Doctson is impressive as hell

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
If that's true, I agree. Reports I saw said he didn't though.

If the report had Greg Henson involved I wouldnt believe a word. I know I saw Dantonio and the coaching staff with the kid as they waited for the cart. I assume he went right over there.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
Having seen both teams in person, Iowa and TCU don't even compare. I can buy most of the rest of it. Haven't seen enough of Okie State to tell.

Josh Doctson is impressive as hell

iowa actually plays defense?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
Is it wrong of me that I think Illinois can win 8 games this year?

They've been hit with the injury bug big time this year, but they have played pretty solid all year minus one hiccup at UNC.

It is going to be really tough with the injuries but every remaining game is winnable except for Ohio State so it is possible.

I went to the Notre Dame/Navy game a few weeks back, first time ever to Notre Dame. I was a bit shocked by the overall state of the stadium, obviously they are doing a lot of renovations but man that place needs a complete overhaul. Any of the ND fans here know if they are doing a multi-year project to update the entire stadium or is it focused on the suites/press box area right now?

I went to the Notre Dame/Navy game a few weeks back, first time ever to Notre Dame. I was a bit shocked by the overall state of the stadium, obviously they are doing a lot of renovations but man that place needs a complete overhaul. Any of the ND fans here know if they are doing a multi-year project to update the entire stadium or is it focused on the suites/press box area right now?

The inner/lower part of the stadium is the original 1930 stadium. This is the part that you probably feel "needs a complete overhaul," but there are no plans for major renovations to this part. The outer councourse/facade and upper section were constructed around the original shell and opened in 1997. What is being constructed now will be attached to but entirely outside of what was built in 1997.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
The inner/lower part of the stadium is the original 1930 stadium. This is the part that you probably feel "needs a complete overhaul," but there are no plans for major renovations to this part. The outer councourse/facade and upper section were constructed around the original shell and opened in 1997. What is being constructed now will be attached to but entirely outside of what was built in 1997.

The actual view/sightlines were great, but pretty much everything else was disappointing. I would rank the field view right up there with anyone else but scoreboard, amenities, bathrooms, etc were about as bad as I've seen.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
The actual view/sightlines were great, but pretty much everything else was disappointing. I would rank the field view right up there with anyone else but scoreboard, amenities, bathrooms, etc were about as bad as I've seen.

It used to be worse. I did concessions in a creaky, rocking, trailer in a chain link fenced area outside of the stadium before they re-did the stadium in '97. The scoreboards, etc., won't change, because they're traditionalists.