2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
The actual view/sightlines were great, but pretty much everything else was disappointing. I would rank the field view right up there with anyone else but scoreboard, amenities, bathrooms, etc were about as bad as I've seen.

So its the Wrigley Field of college football stadiums. Seems about right.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
I am pretty sure Northwestern is the worst team ever ranked as high as 13 after week 5 in NCAA history.

They're still the only team to beat Stanford and the only team to beat Duke, and that was on the road. Say what you want about their garbage performances in two losses, but they earned that ranking with two quality wins as good as anyone in the country had at the time. Kind of forced the voters.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 02:11 AM)
They're still the only team to beat Stanford and the only team to beat Duke, and that was on the road. Say what you want about their garbage performances in two losses, but they earned that ranking with two quality wins as good as anyone in the country had at the time. Kind of forced the voters.

Has Duke beaten anyone above .500? The Stanford win was big, but strange things happen in week 1. IMO, a rematch would result in a much different outcome.

I could see the Stanford win getting them in the top 25, but 13 is obnoxious.

The actual view/sightlines were great, but pretty much everything else was disappointing. I would rank the field view right up there with anyone else but scoreboard, amenities, bathrooms, etc were about as bad as I've seen.

Bathrooms on the lower concourse are bad. Upper concourse ones are nicer. I'm not one who cares about scoreboards/amenities/etc. at sporting events. The game is entertainment enough for me.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
For example?

He'd probably bring up the 2012 undefeated team that had 5 or 6 close games and deserved at least 2 or 3 losses that year.

Stuff happens with a lot of teams like that every year. Some teams get lucky wins.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
He'd probably bring up the 2012 undefeated team that had 5 or 6 close games and deserved at least 2 or 3 losses that year.

Stuff happens with a lot of teams like that every year. Some teams get lucky wins.

Even then that team beat the Pac 12 champion and the Big 12 champion, and IIRC that team started the season unranked anyway.

Edited by OmarComing25

You're probably right, but a number of ND teams have been pretty bad for their ranks.

ND often starts the season overrated, but by Week 5 they have usually played at least two highly ranked opponents, so their Week 5 ranking is generally far more accurate.

You should actually try learning things about ND rather than just reflexively making negative statements about them.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
Bathrooms on the lower concourse are bad. Upper concourse ones are nicer. I'm not one who cares about scoreboards/amenities/etc. at sporting events. The game is entertainment enough for me.

Well to me a scoreboard screen is vital to be able to see replays to really understand the ref calls or to see the minute details that you can't visibly see from your seat. Not having that I almost felt lost at times, especially because in that game there were like 6 plays reviewed by the refs, it was crazy how many of those occurred and not being able to see it yourself.

And Rock, that's exactly how I described it to my friend, it's definitely a Wrigley type atmosphere but with fans that pay attention.

Well to me a scoreboard screen is vital to be able to see replays to really understand the ref calls or to see the minute details that you can't visibly see from your seat. Not having that I almost felt lost at times, especially because in that game there were like 6 plays reviewed by the refs, it was crazy how many of those occurred and not being able to see it yourself.

And Rock, that's exactly how I described it to my friend, it's definitely a Wrigley type atmosphere but with fans that pay attention.

The new construction project is adding a video board on the south end.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)

Less tourists because the fans hold onto the tickets with a death grip, but very much a living museum type feel, which is weird but its not nearly the oldest stadium I've been to. Ohio Stadium (the horseshoe) is 8 years older, but you wouldn't know that if you stepped foot in both. I guess ND just didnt change it much over the years.

Edited by RockRaines

1) Seems Duke is always involved in some crazy games.

2) Thanks to GaTech and USC for pushing Iowa up in the rankings...but I have this sneaking suspicion that they will be tripped up at Indiana next week. Jimbo Fisher, you and Nick Saban are everything that's wrong with college football.

3) Poor Nebraska...growing up with Oklahoma as my second team because my dad went to school there, I can for the first time ever say I'm starting to feel sorry and pity for their great fanbase. They definitely deserve better. That program was so good that they were like the Patriots of twenty years ago, and for most of the Osborne years.

Edited by caulfield12

They have people on ESPN predicting the Final 4 and a lady this morning had both MSU and OSU in it. Is that even possible? I'm expecting OSU to run the table and roll over the overrated SPartans. Would MSU sneak in with 1 loss over other teams?