2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
Iowa isn't near as good as the polls would indicate. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are winning and I hope they keep winning and their defense is good, but they have their own issues and are one of the most beatable teams I've ever seen ranked as high as they are this late in the season.

Beating Pitt, NW in Evanston (handily), at Wisconsin...those are/were three pretty good teams.

Iowa's got good mojo with CJ going and are further developing their stable of running backs. It's actually pretty unfortunate they had so much of their recruiting class locked in or they could have targeted more four star and even a five star or two.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)
I hope we can stop discussing Cubit getting the Illinois job full time now.

As much as I wanted us to believe in the Fighting Cubits this year I never understood the fascination in sticking with him longterm.

Bring on the Babers.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
The Pelinis please

Not sold on that, he isn't exactly doing well at YSU (granted it's year 1) and I'm not exactly sold that his success at NU was because of him and not just being Nebraska.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Not sold on that, he isn't exactly doing well at YSU (granted it's year 1) and I'm not exactly sold that his success at NU was because of him and not just being Nebraska.

Youngstown State is nationally ranked under him and I'm 100% convinced of the latter. I was mostly convinced of that before the year started (seriously, who the hell wants to go to Nebraska?) but I don't think it could be more clear than now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Youngstown State is nationally ranked under him and I'm 100% convinced of the latter. I was mostly convinced of that before the year started (seriously, who the hell wants to go to Nebraska?) but I don't think it could be more clear than now.

He's 3-4 at YSU, they won't be ranked next week after losing to SIU. They've played some decent teams but nothing screams impressive to me there.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
He's 3-4 at YSU, they won't be ranked next week after losing to SIU. They've played some decent teams but nothing screams impressive to me there.

They're beating a ranked Western Illinois team right now so I doubt that would drop them out of the rankings.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
They're beating a ranked Western Illinois team right now so I doubt that would drop them out of the rankings.

I'm an idiot, read the schedule as this week. I think he's a decent option just not my favorite.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 11:15 PM)
You want to explain what happened there? They reviewed a penalty, but didn't review the guy whose knee is clearly down? WOOOWW

well in typical ACC refereeing, they even screwed that up. they didnt review the flag because they picked it up but they reviewed the knee. They just didnt properly explain themselves until afterwards.

there was probably two block in the backs that werent flagged and they threw a flag on borderline at best block. I guess it evened out since the refs called 25? penalties on Miami and some were ticky tack at best.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
New rule for the Michigan fans on here: no more b****ing about the MSU loss. Stole the Minnesota game just as much as the MSU game was stolen from you. You break even.

Yes master.