2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
So where do you think Houston should be ranked? If any win is better than any loss, then why schedule any tough OOC games?

No problems where they're at, as they haven't beat anyone good. Same reason I'm fine with Baylor where they're at now, but will think it's insane if they go undefeated and aren't a top 4 team. Florida has some good wins, which should negate some "bad" wins as well.

To answer your question, I don't know why anyone schedules a tough OOC game that's in a power 5 conference. If you run the table, you're going to make it. The current format isn't designed for a team from the AAC, etc. to make it, and I'm fine with that.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
No problems where they're at, as they haven't beat anyone good. Same reason I'm fine with Baylor where they're at now, but will think it's insane if they go undefeated and aren't a top 4 team. Florida has some good wins, which should negate some "bad" wins as well.

To answer your question, I don't know why anyone schedules a tough OOC game that's in a power 5 conference. If you run the table, you're going to make it. The current format isn't designed for a team from the AAC, etc. to make it, and I'm fine with that.

Their win @ Lou and demolishing Vandy werent bad. They still get to play Memphis and Navy as well. If they run the table thats a really nice upset alert in a good bowl for a power 5 team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)

Ole Miss is a good win, but what are the others? A beat-up Georgia team that wasn't that great when healthy? A Missouri team that has no offense? A mediocre Tennessee? And the whole "every win should be better than every loss" mindset would just encourage everyone to schedule awful teams in OOC, which is partially why I'm against it. We should want more matchups between quality teams.

If the top 4 win out, things won't change.

If Baylor or Ok St win out, they will undoubtedly jump ND. If Oklahoma wins out they might jump ND. It is pretty clear from the latest rankings though that a one loss ND would stay ahead of a one loss LSU or TCU, so aside from beating Stanford, which is a very tall task, all ND needs to stay in the top four is for at least one loss each from Baylor, Ok St and Oklahoma, or a second loss from Alabama, or a loss by both OSU and Iowa. I think it's pretty likely that at least one of those three things happens.

Really quick: Tell me the AAC's three best OOC wins and the Big Twelve's three best OOC wins.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
Really quick: Tell me the AAC's three best OOC wins and the Big Twelve's three best OOC wins.

That's the thing, I'm sure it's the AAC right now (Penn St. and Ole Miss). With that said, they still have no chance of getting a team into the final 4 despite this being the best year in conference history.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
And it isn't going to affect the result but Illinois gets f***ed by the refs again. Wow, that is in one of the most inexcusable blown calls I have ever seen.

They were awful. Completely missed the TD in the first quarter too. Week after week we see how awful these crews are.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 06:45 PM)
I don't think they've been bad for Michigan. They are allowing a lot of contact in the secondary.

They called an offensive PI early in the game against IU that disagrees with the rest of this statement, but otherwise I can't complain that much.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 06:08 PM)
They called an offensive PI early in the game against IU that disagrees with the rest of this statement, but otherwise I can't complain that much.

Make up call for bogus DPi before it.