2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

I still find it hard to believe that LSU would force out Les. But if they do:

1) They better have someone really good lined up beforehand. I can speak firsthand about how forcing out a highly successful long-time coach can backfire tremendously if you don't hire the right guy.

2) I don't think Les will coach again. He's 62 and enjoys spending time with his family. I could see him going the TV route. He's such a character. One of the last remaining coaches that speaks his mind, rather than that "CEO" mentality that they all seem to have. College football coaches are so bland now with all this coach-speak, but that's a different discussion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
I agree with this actually. I don't think LSU is that much of a better job than FSU.

Why move to the SEC when you are already at a Florida power in the ACC?it makes zero sense. On top of that you work in a town where your players literally get away with anything. I don't see the upside.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
Why move to the SEC when you are already at a Florida power in the ACC?it makes zero sense. On top of that you work in a town where your players literally get away with anything. I don't see the upside.

from what I've heard, things between Jimbo and FSU were pretty bad the time before and even during the NC title season. Some thought he was going to ride Winston out and then leave given the chance. Maybe things have cooled over the past 1.5 seasons.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
Lots of people disagree. On espn they were saying it's a worse opening than the Central Florida opening.

Again this only says how awful the Miami job is rather than anything about Illinois.

it is really funny how ESPN keeps saying how bad everything is at Miami. Is Miami's facilities in the top tier percent? No but its not a rat hole like it was a decade ago. Miami made a few million dollar in renovations under Golden. I highly doubt major improvements werent made.

The stadium being 40 miles away from campus is an issue? The Orange Bowl was far from campus too. And Miami has an enrollment in the low teens, including a lot of foreign students. Being close to campus is pointless when maybe 5k students attend games as is.

Attendance an issue? Ok but that is South Florida in all sports. But when Miami is winning, crowds will show. Might not be 65k every game but it'll sell out for the big games and have good size crowds for other games as long as its not a noon kickoff.

And the stadiums after the renovation will be amazing. Not going to find a nicer football stadium in the country to play in, this isnt the old Orange Bowl here or even the old Sun Life/Joe Robbie/Dolphins Stadium/Pro Player Park/Landshark/Dolphin/ETC.

UCF has an indoor facility(something Miami is working on getting) and an on-campus stadium. I've been to the UCF stadium, it sucks. It's a glorified HS stadium with aluminum bleachers everywhere. Those comments are just attention whoring at its best.

Edited by zenryan

Only times PSU moved the ball was when refs were throwing bogus flags against the secondary.

Rock is right about Franklin. To kick that FG and not go for it, where even if you didn't get it, Michigan would be backed up, was stupid.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
Overtime now, and the refs bail out Florida. The amount of close escapes Florida has had against crappy teams this year is ridiculous. What a joke.

Should've been PI in the end zone against UF.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
If it was just a one time thing with Fla then I could agree. They needed a 4th and long and missed FG to beat Tennessee. Needed the ECU QB to drop the ball in the Redzone to win. Barely beat UK. Looked terrible against UGA. Luckily two of their TD drives were short fields and only needed 7 total yards to score 13 points.

They smoked Ole Miss but when it's all said and done, their best win might be against a team that loses 4 games.

Add today's game to the list.

It'll even out next season. If they have a win total of 8.5 or higher next season, I should unload on the under.

Wow, Wisconsin just got f***ed hard by the refs. Their punt returner picks up a bouncing ball, breaks about 3 tackles and runs for a touchdown. The refs call it back saying he signaled for a fair catch. At no point did he raise his hand above his shoulders and motion for a fair catch.

And before someone says it, I know I'm the only person watching NU/Wisconsin. :P

These refs in NU/Wisconsin are beyond inept. Just called an incomplete pass on a clear sack after a questionable overturned Wisconsin touchdown.

Edit- Nevermind, I guess there was a spike on a player where they weren't really set.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
Listened to some of the game on the radio and they were going bonkers about how awful play calling was

that has been Meyer since his days at Florida. UF fans complained about their offenses a lot when Tebow wasnt the QB. Meyer runs a small amount of plays that when executed is very tough to beat. When execution is failing then it can get ugly.