2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
Ever since Cook got hurt, they have had quite the transformation into smash mouth football. It ain't pretty, but it works.

So any chance Stanford passes Oklahoma after what the committee did last year?

Two loss Stanford? No chance.

Sucks for Iowa to lose on such a rare kind of drive. Also looked like helmet to helmet on that INT in the end zone. Maybe bad angle because not many people have complained about it.

I'd expect MSU to get rolled now but they've been pulling wins out of their ass all season.

How in the world was Cook named MVP of that game last night? He was pretty ineffective. LJ Scott should've been unanimous decision.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
I don't think so. The difference was last year OSU was a 1 loss team just like TCU/Baylor and the Big 12 had two teams tie for their championship. It would be pretty absurd to put a 2 loss Pac 10 team in when the Pac 10 was pretty much garbage all year this year.

Yeah, and Oklahoma has a top 25 non conference win. Just hoping for some drama!

Who would have figured Northwestern would play a prominent role in the CFP on Opening Day. Had Stanford beat them, it would be a legit discussion with one team missing out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
Sucks for Iowa to lose on such a rare kind of drive. Also looked like helmet to helmet on that INT in the end zone. Maybe bad angle because not many people have complained about it.

I'd expect MSU to get rolled now but they've been pulling wins out of their ass all season.

How in the world was Cook named MVP of that game last night? He was pretty ineffective. LJ Scott should've been unanimous decision.

MSU had the requisite three miracle wins that makes you think it's destiny.

Clemson-OU

Alabama-MSU

two thoughts

1. All we heard from this committee was that OU possibly playing in Texas would be the luck of the draw. They wouldnt move teams around to get away from a home field advantage. So they get dropped for what reason?

2. I know its not based on style matchups but the Clemson-MSU/Alabama-OU would have been much more appealing. You'd have spread teams vs power teams but now its spread vs spread and power vs power.

Seems like Alabama got the breaks here. MSU is the type of team that usually doesnt give Saban fits. Would've been interesting to see if Alabama could've beaten fast tempo teams like OU and Clemson in consecutive weeks.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
Clemson-OU

Alabama-MSU

two thoughts

1. All we heard from this committee was that OU possibly playing in Texas would be the luck of the draw. They wouldnt move teams around to get away from a home field advantage. So they get dropped for what reason?

2. I know its not based on style matchups but the Clemson-MSU/Alabama-OU would have been much more appealing. You'd have spread teams vs power teams but now its spread vs spread and power vs power.

Seems like Alabama got the breaks here. MSU is the type of team that usually doesnt give Saban fits. Would've been interesting to see if Alabama could've beaten fast tempo teams like OU and Clemson in consecutive weeks.

Eh, MSU beat the #4 team in the country last night. Not surprising they jumped from 5 to 3. The 4 teams that should be in this year are in so that is all that really matters.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
MSU hasn't impressed me all year, I think Bama wins by 10.

But Bama with the worst passing offense in the playoffs has?

They aren't impressive to me at all. Good d line, slow secondary good running back horrific WRs and QB. They aren't even as good as they were last year.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
Bama has no passing game at all. None. Last year they had the best WR in football and lost. I've got MSU by a score.

Last year's OSU team was much better than this MSU team. And Bama's secondary is significantly better this year than it was last year and they are better on D overall. They aren't as explosive on offense but MSU is just no where near as good on offense as OSU was at the end of last year.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
The official in Clemson game could have cost big $20m as I think OSU and msu go to play in playoff and Iowa to rose. That guy better be fired.

Why would the ACC fire an official that just made them $20m? If anything he should get a promotion or a commission lol

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Last year's OSU team was much better than this MSU team. And Bama's secondary is significantly better this year than it was last year and they are better on D overall. They aren't as explosive on offense but MSU is just no where near as good on offense as OSU was at the end of last year.

Completely disagree with about everything in your post. OSU last year is definitely better than this MSU team but Bama is much much worse.

Edited by RockRaines