2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
Firing Charlie Strong would be really stupid. Racist assholes.

He's 7-9 so far at Texas. Yes, it's early in his tenure, but that's pretty pathetic given the talent level and recruiting base at Texas.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)
He's 7-9 so far at Texas. Yes, it's early in his tenure, but that's pretty pathetic given the talent level and recruiting base at Texas.

You and I could have made Texas' team in 2013. Strong had nothing to work with to start and only giving him 2 years to fix Mack Brown's mistakes would be ridiculously stupid.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
You and I could have made Texas' team in 2013. Strong had nothing to work with to start and only giving him 2 years to fix Mack Brown's mistakes would be ridiculously stupid.

That's fine, just don't be surprised if he doesn't turn it around.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)

That doesn't make Texas "racist". They're just crazy. Hope they fire him. I want him at Illinois

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
Pat Haden has to go. He continues to hire these SC retreads who "might" be a good coach some day but they're not. Sarkisian is now 11-5 in 2 years and has lost to 3 unranked teams. Take it seriously, idiots.

I married into a USC family about 7 years ago and not a year passes without a WTF loss. All the talent, but always a disappointment somewhere.

Firing Charlie Strong would be really stupid. Racist assholes.

The university is caught in the middle between trying to do the right thing and trying to placate a handful of racist big-money donors. It would be wrong to fire him but it probably happens.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
According to the ESPN Football Power Index, best chance of finishing the regular season undefeated:

Ohio State 28.9%

Boise State 20.9%

Mississippi 16.7%

Baylor 9.6%

Notre Dame 8.4%

How much better is OSU than MSU?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
That doesn't make Texas "racist". They're just crazy. Hope they fire him. I want him at Illinois

Pretty sure a better school would offer him a job, but yea would love to have him.

Fuente is looking pretty good at Memphis, but Illinois may not be big enough for him to jump ship.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)

This comment is really ignorant. Mack Brown destroyed that program with his recent recruiting classes. Strong is still cleaning up his mess. Look at how many QB's are starting in the NFL from the state of Texas. It's like 10 guys: Manziel, Luck, Brees, RG3, Foles, etc. How many of them went to Texas? Charlie Strong is a great coach and knows how to build a program. Texas would be really dumb to get rid of him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 20, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)

I'm the one that said the racist thing. T Boone Pickens when Strong was hired, said that "he'd make a good assistant coach". If you don't think a comment like that has anything to do with race than you are kidding yourself.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
I'm the one that said the racist thing. T Boone Pickens when Strong was hired, said that "he'd make a good assistant coach". If you don't think a comment like that has anything to do with race than you are kidding yourself.

Nope. Texas fans are just crazy, regardless of their skin color. Same reason they forced out their white ad after 22 months. They think Saban should be thear coach. Strong isn't Saban, and anything short of that isn't going to work out for them.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
Nope. Texas fans are just crazy, regardless of their skin color. Same reason they forced out their white ad after 22 months. They think Saban should be thear coach. Strong isn't Saban, and anything short of that isn't going to work out for them.

Enjoy that then. I think Saban is back in the NFL next season.