2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
I meant what is strong about Clemson then if their offense is weak.

Offensive efficiency is 15th in the country, with defensive efficiency ranked 7. Only Oklahoma has a lower (better) cumulative total efficiency

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
Yep, with two of those losses being to Bama and Oklahoma and another being a 1 point loss to Florida before the Will Grier suspension. Having them ranked 25 isn't crazy.

And Arkansas might be a top 10 team in terms of talent

Coaching search at Mizzou is weird. I have a buddy that coaches there. He said that Barry Odom hasn't accepted the Memphis job yet which makes him think he's in line for the Mizzou job. Sonny Dykes interviewed and has a history with the AD. My buddy says that the name he keeps hearing behind the scenes though is Dino Babers. Should be interesting to see what happens.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
And Arkansas might be a top 10 team in terms of talent

LOL. Based on what? Zero top ten classes in the last forever. Top ten in the SEC maybe.\

Since they started keeping track Arkansas averages about 27th.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
bull.

@andrewappleton

Word out of CoMO & B'more puts #Ravens OC Marc Trestman as emerging candidate for #Mizzou head coaching gig. Interview today w/ top brass.

Sorry bmags, you could possibly Trestman tortured twice

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
Word out of CoMO & B'more puts #Ravens OC Marc Trestman as emerging candidate for #Mizzou head coaching gig. Interview today w/ top brass.

Just saw that, and was going to post it. Still wouldn't be worse than Illinois, but man would that be a failure.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Michigan fans....DJ Durkin will be the next coach at Maryland according to SI's Pete Thamel

Defense had a few good games but got torched more than it should for a ranked team. Just hope it doesn't effect recruiting.

Top preference would've been a Mullen but cant complain about Richt.

Kind of funny reading all these experts the last few weeks saying how bad Miami's job situation is. In the end, Miami could've gotten any coach they preferred. Mullen was there for the taking and at worst they end up with either Schiano or Butch Davis.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
Top preference would've been a Mullen but cant complain about Richt.

Kind of funny reading all these experts the last few weeks saying how bad Miami's job situation is. In the end, Miami could've gotten any coach they preferred. Mullen was there for the taking and at worst they end up with either Schiano or Butch Davis.

I said they need a Miami alum to get someone good. They went that route. Doubt Mullen would have signed on in the end.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 07:20 PM)
I said they need a Miami alum to get someone good. They went that route. Doubt Mullen would have signed on in the end.

Mullen appears to want out of Starkville. I dont think Mullen would've been a long term hire for Miami but that is fine. When has Miami ever been a job for someone for more than handful of years? His offense would've killed it with South Florida recruits and he could've moved onto a bigger job and everyone wins.

Mullen was close back when Miami picked Golden. Mullen wanted more money for his assistants and Miami balked at that.