2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
haaaaaaaa

The best part is Iowa fans taking offense when many refer to Iowa State as Moo U.

Al Roker did call them Iowa State at the Rose parade, and they played like Iowa State during the game. I am sure the goal was to get Iowa fans to boo. Were people other than the usual people who are offended by anything really offended? BTW, cow tipping is like snipe hunting, a fake sport. You cannot tip cows.

As an Iowa alum, I would think fans were far more offended by the score than by a band of college kids doing what college kids do. Of course if you are there you will boo, but I doubt there was total outrage which some of the reports seem to want to convey.

Edited by Dick Allen

If Iowa was winning or competitive in that game, it would have been funny.

Farms for "middle class" people don't exist so much any more...they've all pretty much become huge conglomerates run by companies like ConAgra. If you went back 30 years ago, when the stickers first appeared, and we had Farm Aid, that was a different time when Stanford band members would have had their teeth kicked in because you would have been talking more about economics and social class.

I grew up in Bettendorf and never knew a single farmer. A purely suburban lifestyle. The only way farms affected us was the closing of some barns and selling of land where we used to attend parties just outside the city limits.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
tumblr_lmpj7bdnq71qj0zk3o1_500.gif

Whatever dude. Band helped me get into college and I went to the Rose Bowl for free, with a large per diem.

Call me a nerd, but I'm not the only one who sits on a forum and talks about a sport that isn't even on right now.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Relax. There is like a 12 page thread about the new Star Wars movie, and I've posted a lot in it. We're all nerds. You're comment was just a little extra special. :)

Hah. Are we really sure that the prequels are canon?

More boring games today. Basically it appears that the SEC was by far and away the best conference this year, the Pac 12 and Big 10 were both solid conferences (the Pac 12 has a really good bowl record but their teams were all playing up a slot over the other major conferences because they were the only one without a second team in the Big 6 games), the ACC sucked outside of Clemson and the Big 12 just flat out sucked.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
That game was like watching a car accident.

Sure was. What a horrendous coaching job by the Oregon Ducks staff.

Do you not have any offensive plays where the qb is under center? Can you not eat some clock?

Inexcusable.

Locke is actually decent but he was so flustered by the snaps, I think he was completely off his game.

Adams is equally stupid for taking on that hit when he could have easily avoided taking that much contact.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2016 -> 10:42 PM)
Sure was. What a horrendous coaching job by the Oregon Ducks staff.

Do you not have any offensive plays where the qb is under center? Can you not eat some clock?

Inexcusable.

Locke is actually decent but he was so flustered by the snaps, I think he was completely off his game.

Adams is equally stupid for taking on that hit when he could have easily avoided taking that much contact.

Jeff Locke sucks.

/thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 06:33 AM)
Wish we had those refs for the fiesta bowl. Bosa would have never been flagged or tossed.

Can't imagine how pissed you would've been if OSU lost.

Bosa will be nice and rested for Week 1 NFL next year. Avoided any big injuries.

B1G was tainted this year because OSU was clearly the best team with a huge drop off and MSU got in the playoffs on the strength of at least 2 fluke wins before being exposed.

Crazy how one dropped punt snap had a ripple effect that may have ruined the entire playoffs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 06:33 AM)
Wish we had those refs for the fiesta bowl. Bosa would have never been flagged or tossed.

He buried the crown of his helmet in the QBs sternum. It was the correct call. As it was, the hit wasn't all that violent, and 100 things happen every game that would seem to warrant an ejection more than that, but how ever many times you want to moan about it, according to the rules, it was the correct call.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)
Can't imagine how pissed you would've been if OSU lost.

Bosa will be nice and rested for Week 1 NFL next year. Avoided any big injuries.

B1G was tainted this year because OSU was clearly the best team with a huge drop off and MSU got in the playoffs on the strength of at least 2 fluke wins before being exposed.

Crazy how one dropped punt snap had a ripple effect that may have ruined the entire playoffs.

Or OSU could have just won the home game vs. MSU and their back up QB. I always thought OSU was the best team in the country. But they let a lot of mediocre opponents stay with them for a while this year. They finally kicked it into gear after they lost. If they played like that against MSU, they probably win the national championship again. But they didn't. They only have themselves to blame.