HERE COME THE IRISH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing! :o Down 19-3 & they come storming back in the 2nd 1/2!

29-26 IRISH! (1-0)

Next up: MICHIGAN WOLVERINES (2-0). Outscored opponents 95-10.

Beat them & the sky is the limit!

It's time for a chorus of the Irish fight song:

Rally sons of ole Notre Dame:

Sing in her glory and sound in her fame,

Raise her Gold and Blue

And cheer with voices true:

Rah, rah, for ole Notre Dame

We will fight in ev-ry game,

Strong of heart and true to her name

We will ne'er forget her

And will cheer her ever

Loyal to Notre Dame

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,

Wake up the echos cheering her name,

Send a volley cheer on high,

Shake down the thunder from the sky.

What though the odds be great or small

Old Notre Dame will win over all,

While her loyal sons are marching

Onward to victory.

For all you ND fans wishing to celebrate this AMAZING come from behind victory against

WSU:

http://home.earthlink.net/~vegas68/nd.html

BTW: WSU was ranked 31 in the Coaches poll, & received votes for the top 25 in the other polls.

How many times does a 16th team come back from a 19-3 deficit vs 31st ranked team & pull out a victory?

:headbang Ty is the MAN!

To the WOLVERINES: :bringit

oh bulls***, wsu is an average team, but they still shouldn't have given it away like they did.

regardless, notre dame is very average also.

at least michigan got it done with no trouble.

For you:

http://home.earthlink.net/~vegas68/nd.html

Wake up the echoes! *WOOHOO*

What you gonna say when they beat the pups next week?

:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P

I wasn't impressed with ND's performance at all. 31st in the polls or not a team like that isn't supposed to win in South Bend. ND looks like the same team from last year, no better no worse. Michigan has improved on both sides of the ball. I say Mich by 10 next weekend.

oh bulls***, wsu is an average team, but they still shouldn't have given it away like they did.

regardless, notre dame is very average also.

at least michigan got it done with no trouble.

got it done...against Houston for crying out loud, cmon spiff

don't say wash st and houston are the same team. we didn't play the greatest of games, but our d was rock solid at least. we came from behind, something we usually can't do whatsoever. it was a good game. michigan will probly beat us, but you can't downplay today's comeback performance. wash st is above an average team, and nowhere near houston's league

I wasn't impressed with ND's performance at all.  31st in the polls or not a team like that isn't supposed to win in South Bend.  ND looks like the same team from last year, no better no worse.  Michigan has improved on both sides of the ball.  I say Mich by 10 next weekend.

go tell that to all the other teams that have been upset at home

wash st gave us a game, which was expected...you guys make this team sound like a piece of s*** for crying out loud

no one said we'll beat michigan (i'm not), but you are taking away all credit for today. if that's the fact, i give no credit for beating the hell out of HOUSTON, i mean after all it's houston. don't be so biased that you can't say nd played well in the 2nd half in order to win that game. i mean please

The thing about playing at home is that its easy to get the momentum rolling as we all know. Notre Dames defense played great and Wash st didn't look like they had any buisiness being in the game in the 2nd half and it was a matter of time before the Irish won it.

I don't mean to rip on ND at all because they are a good team but I expected more from their offense, thats all. Than again they might put up a lot more off. next week.

The thing about playing at home is that its easy to get the momentum rolling as we all know.  Notre Dames defense played great and Wash st didn't look like they had any buisiness being in the game in the 2nd half and it was a matter of time before the Irish won it.

what the hell is your point exactly

I don't mean to rip on ND at all because they are a good team but I expected more from their offense, thats all. Than again they might put up a lot more offense next week.

well what was awkward is that nd passed the ball pretty well, but didn't run the ball for s*** until real late. our offensive line BLOWS with what 4 new starters? o line was a disaster. they won't put up a lot of offense all year probly, but they have enough playmakers where they should be able to make some key plays in the game and keep it close, then hope for turnovers and let the d hold the other offense down.

Run defense is Michigans weak point so far. Notre Dames defense is great this year but they will have their hands full next week as we both know. If its a low scoring affair, I'd almost think ND would win somehow because they always do.

It all depends on how many balls get tipped at the line by Navarre :lol:

For those with short memories:

2002-2003 Rose Bowl : Oklahoma 34, WSU 14

The Irish just defeated a BSC opponent after fumbling 4 times in the 1st 1/2 & giving it up twice. Would OU have beaten them in the RB last yr down 19-3?

If Houston ever reaches a BSC bowl in my lifetime please let me know :D

I think that's reason to celebrate & a reason to be optimistic that they can pull over an upset victory next week against the WOLVERINES.

:snr

Koch This,

Notre Dame truly is gonna have their hands full this season with one of the toughest schedules in the country...If they can go undefeated, I think they have a shot at either the #1 or #2 spot in the nation, which would give them a pass to the National Championship.

I don't follow the Irish much, so I'm not going to claim to know much about them...But, do you think that the can make the Championship under this condition? If they don't go undefeated, what might have to happen for them to make the title game?