HERE COME THE IRISH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koch This,

Notre Dame truly is gonna have their hands full this season with one of the toughest schedules in the country...If they can go undefeated, I think they have a shot at either the #1 or #2 spot in the nation, which would give them a pass to the National Championship.

I don't follow the Irish much, so I'm not going to claim to know much about them...But, do you think that the can make the Championship under this condition?  If they don't go undefeated, what might have to happen for them to make the title game?

no, they won't, not with this schedule, and not with this team. a bcs bowl with this schedule would be a huge accomplishment

Washington St.

@ Michigan

Michigan State

@ Purdue

@ Pitt

USC

@ BC

FSU

Navy

BYU

@ Stanford

@ Syracuse

Oh yeah, easy schedule...sure thing.

mark my words they will lose 4 of 5 to mich., purdue, pittsburgh, usc, and florida state.

it's very possible, but i'm not gonna take that as a knock to ND. there's 5 more games where they could go anywhere from 5-0 to 0-5, but most likely somewhere in between, ya know

Washington St.

@ Michigan

Michigan State

@ Purdue

@ Pitt

USC

@ BC

FSU

Navy

BYU

@ Stanford

@ Syracuse

For those who don't know NAVY is the only team that did not go to bowl game last year on that schedule. There are several BCS bowl opponents.

And for those who know jack s*** about college football it's more about the coaches than the players. Case in point: S. Carolina. Look at what Holtz has done practically overnight.

Now I'm not saying players don't matter, but the head coach is a major factor in recruiting quality players year after year. The head coach at WSU has been able to do that. They will finish with above a .500 record in a very tough PAC 10 conference & go to a bowl game. Book it!

The Irish do not need to go undefeated to make a BCS bowl.

They just need to beat the Wolverines, the Trojans, & the Seminoles & about 1/2 the others. They can even absorb a loss to BC & Stanford with this schedule & still make a BCS. It's a killer schedule.

Washington St.

@ Michigan

Michigan State

@ Purdue

@ Pitt

USC

@ BC

FSU

Navy

BYU

@ Stanford

@ Syracuse

For those who don't know NAVY is the only team that did not go to bowl game last year on that schedule. There are several BCS bowl opponents.

And for those who know jack s*** about college football it's more about the coaches than the players. Case in point: S. Carolina. Look at what Holtz has done practically overnight.

Now I'm not saying players don't matter, but the head coach is a major factor in recruiting quality players year after year. The head coach at WSU has been able to do that. They will finish with above a .500 record in a very tough PAC 10 conference & go to a bowl game. Book it!

The Irish do not need to go undefeated to make a BCS bowl.

They just need to beat the Wolverines, the Trojans, & the Seminoles & about 1/2 the others. They can even absorb a loss to BC & Stanford with this schedule & still make a BCS. It's a killer schedule.

WSU has a new coach this year, genius. And no, ND cannot lose to BC and a weak Stanford team and expect to get into the BCS.

oh bulls***, wsu is an average team, but they still shouldn't have given it away like they did.

regardless, notre dame is very average also.

at least michigan got it done with no trouble.

For you:

http://home.earthlink.net/~vegas68/nd.html

Wake up the echoes! *WOOHOO*

What you gonna say when they beat the pups next week?

:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

as the fans chanted today" "Houston is better."

oh bulls***, wsu is an average team, but they still shouldn't have given it away like they did.

got it done...against Houston for crying out loud, cmon spiff

don't say wash st and houston are the same team. we didn't play the greatest of games, but our d was rock solid at least. we came from behind, something we usually can't do whatsoever. it was a good game. michigan will probly beat us, but you can't downplay today's comeback performance. wash st is above an average team, and nowhere near houston's league

as the fans chanted today about ND: Houston is better.

I'll give you credit for admiting that ND would lose

but you lose them all for having been all over the boards last week

and all you ND fans no where to be found today

and I can't wait - for when you all ever to show up - to hear all the rationalizations about the game

Michigan taught ND how to play the game in the beginning

and we taught them today

Actually, my favorite chant of the day heard from the hallowed stands in Ann Arbor, Michigan was.....

OVER-RATED!

OVER-RATED!

OVER-RATED!

OVER-RATED!

OVER-RATED!

OVER-RATED!

ND moved up 5 or more places in the National Rankings for squeaking by an, I believe, unrated team the week before. What a f***ing joke.

OVER-RATED! ..... is right :headbang

got it done...against Houston for crying out loud, cmon spiff

don't say wash st and houston are the same team. we didn't play the greatest of games, but our d was rock solid at least. we came from behind, something we usually can't do whatsoever. it was a good game. michigan will probly beat us, but you can't downplay today's comeback performance. wash st is above an average team, and nowhere near houston's league

as the fans chanted today about ND: Houston is better.

and I can't wait - for when you all ever to show up - to hear all the rationalizations about the game

and we taught them today

My internet has been down since Thursday, i'm at the f***ing library. If you don't believe me see if i've posted in the past 4 days (i think i posted once or twice saturday morning when i was also at the library), and you can also ask Steff.

No rationalizations

We got our ass kicked, as i said we would

I only talked last week cuz people still said ND gets no credit for coming from 19 down. And that was ridiculous

And i'm taking offense to people ripping the ND fans here, calling them trolls and what not, because correct me if i'm wrong i'm the biggest ND fan here along with Jason and i don't know what i did to piss people off but just because you win i don't think it gives you the right to start bashing the fans

If Michigan loses should i start personally bashing you people? Unbelievable.

and we taught them today

Maybe he has a life, Vince.

and we taught them today

Vince was merely pointing out that ND fans were all over the Off Topic during the ND/WS game but nowhere to be found during or after the ass-whooping by Michigan :rolleyes:

and we taught them today

Vince was merely pointing out that ND fans were all over the Off Topic during the ND/WS game but nowhere to be found during or after the ass-whooping by Michigan :rolleyes:

Yeah.. I see what was going on. Only difference is I was being a smart ass when I posted my comment. ;)

and we taught them today

Can you f***ing read?

The internet guy just came and fixed my internet, and boom i'm online. Lash all you want about ND losing

But, i don't have to listen to your s*** about people saying i'm running and hiding and all this other backtalk you people seem to be doing just cuz ND loses. I didn't know that degraded the fans of a team because of it.

If Michigan loses, maybe i'll just start talking about how big of assholes you all are, cuz that's what you've seemed to do here. That's nice.

and we taught them today

Plus i usually don't sit at my computer for the duration of a football game anyway, IF i did have the internet at that time.

Can you f***ing read?

Why don't you calm the f*** down?

The only reason why people here concluded that you were avoiding the messageboard topics on ND losing was because you were so "vocal" the week before when ND was mounting their comeback. You even devoted this whole f***ing thread to it.

And before you ask me again if I, "can..... f***ing read," why don't you look at who I addressed the reply to that you quoted me from. It was a possible explanation why NO Notre Dame fans were posting about the game on Saturday or Sunday..... not just why 'Koch This' wasn't. Don't "f***ing read" anything into a post that isn't SAID in the post.

The only two that have replied are you and Doublem and I know FOR A FACT that there are plenty of other misguided college football fans out there that treat ND football as if ND was their alma mater.

And if ND wins their next game, I can guaran-f***ing-tee at least three separate threads to how "awesome" ND is.