Derrick Rose to have surgery on Torn Right Meniscus

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
I have to say, I love Thibs, but I don't think he's a transition coach. The bulls are about to head into a weird couple of years.

Cartwright, Skiles, Del Negro...these are the types these clowns hired until they lucked into Thibs, and now just try to piss him off whenever they can. I have no doubt the tension between the FO and team has cost the Bulls on the floor this season.

When Thibs is traded or mutually departs after this season, he will get hired in about 5 seconds. The Bulls will hire someone they will be pissed off at in a year or two because they won't be able to win when Pau is 2 years older, and Noah and DRose are constantly injured.

J4L is kinda crazy, but one thing he has harped on in the past is how other teams really go after titles vs. the Bulls who do spend their cap money but really are about as conservative as can be, and really never make bold moves, and when it doesn't work out because the entire roster is always hurt, it must be Thibs. Other teams think way outside the box. The Bulls...not so much.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Cartwright, Skiles, Del Negro...these are the types these clowns hired until they lucked into Thibs, and now just try to piss him off whenever they can.

When Thibs is traded or mutually departs after this season, he will get hired in about 5 seconds. The Bulls will hire someone they will be pissed off at in a year or two because they won't be able to win when Pau is 2 years older, and Noah and DRose are constantly injured.

Thibs will absolutely coach again.

And Skiles wasn't a bad coach, he's basically Doug Collins lite.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
I have to say, I love Thibs, but I don't think he's a transition coach. The bulls are about to head into a weird couple of years.

They'll still be good, just not great. Butler is, seemingly, a borderline to solid all-star player. You have Gasol at least one more season. Mirotic is only going to get better. McDermott hopefully makes a leap like others before him.

I wouldn't call that a transition because they'll still be top 3-4 in the East. They just won't be serious contenders. And they'll pick outside of the lottery. And they'll be forced to upgrade via free agency which hardly ever pans out for them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
Cartwright, Skiles, Del Negro...these are the types these clowns hired until they lucked into Thibs, and now just try to piss him off whenever they can. I have no doubt the tension between the FO and team has cost the Bulls on the floor this season.

J4L is kinda crazy, but one thing he has harped on in the past is how other teams really go after titles vs. the Bulls who do spend their cap money but really are about as conservative as can be, and really never make bold moves, and when it doesn't work out because the entire roster is always hurt, it must be Thibs. Other teams think way outside the box. The Bulls...not so much.

Ehh. I'm not convinced that Fred Hoiberg wouldn't be very successful as HC of the Bulls.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
Other than Hoiberg played in the NBA, not really all that different other than Floyd had more coaching experience.

The teams inherited couldn't be more different, come on now

Look at this pile of garbage http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXteamsXXCHIXX1999....mp;t=all_roster

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
The teams inherited couldn't be more different, come on now

Look at this pile of garbage http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXteamsXXCHIXX1999....mp;t=all_roster

The inherited teams will be different, but the downgrade on the sidelines will be the same. Floyd couldn't hack it. Maybe Hoiberg does better than him, but to even think he would be better than Thibs is like thinking Brad Penny can have a good year in 2015.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Which ESPN article said something to the tune of this? You're making assumptions on his surgery route (where your understanding is lacking) based upon a silly quote he made a long time ago.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...table-uncertain

A timetable for Rose's return will be determined once he has surgery, the team said. The Bulls and Rose decided to fix the meniscus tear instead of cutting the damaged part out in order to elongate Rose's career.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Which ESPN article said something to the tune of this? You're making assumptions on his surgery route (where your understanding is lacking) based upon a silly quote he made a long time ago.

Trust me, dude. I took a god damned Master's class when he tore his meniscus last year. I begged him to cut the f***er out (his tear was too deep to do the partial removal that Westbrook received). I can't imagine a re-tear, regardless of how deep, could really be "fixed" by a partial removal. It's kind of like tearing a piece of paper taping it up, having the tear re-appear but some of the tape is hanging off, and then just hoping that holds up.

He needs to D-Wade that b**** outta there and play hard for the next 5 seasons. That's my non-medical, but realistic, opinion.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
There is definitely different schools of thought on which surgery is best. Ask D-Wade how happy he is about the decision he made. Obviously that was in a different situation, but I just have faith that Rose will do what the doctors think is best rather than make a decision based on his day-to-day pain at his kid's graduations.

If he repairs the re-tear isn't he subjected to the injury possibly recurring again? I've also read you can't repair it for a second time... I wish there was more information on the surgery that Bledsoe had that consisted of removing part of the meniscus.

Regardless, I think the article you linked to may be referring to Rose's surgery choice from the last time he tore it. This article talks about the Bulls options and the ramifications of each option and certainly doesn't make it seem as if the choice has been made.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...0225-story.html

If DRose truly cares about not being in pain at his kid's graduation, he should hang 'em up right now. That's the best chance of that not happening.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
The inherited teams will be different, but the downgrade on the sidelines will be the same. Floyd couldn't hack it. Maybe Hoiberg does better than him, but to even think he would be better than Thibs is like thinking Brad Penny can have a good year in 2015.

No it isn't, Hoiberg isn't a moron, it is still basketball. There may be a downgrade, but I don't think it is nearly as big as you are making it out to be.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
There is definitely different schools of thought on which surgery is best. Ask D-Wade how happy he is about the decision he made.

Two titles on that knee? He's fine with it. He'll never buy another dinner in Miami again, either.

Is Lawson available?

edit: ha, google'd him and got this:

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/2/25/8107663...oiler-ty-lawson

So... I posited this question to Sam Smith and Bill Simmons, but I also thought I'd post it here to see what everyone thinks. I tried this trade in the ESPN trade machine and it totally works, monetarily -- Denver trades Ty Lawson, Danillo Gallinari's albatross contract ($10 million a year!), and a Darrell Arthur type (they have a billion power forwards, so this could be anybody) for Taj Gibson, the Rose contract, and two first round Bulls draft picks. Denver at least thinks about it, right? Might hurt the Bulls from a PR perspective, but if Rose can't return this season... I hope they'd at least think about something like this. A salary-dump to Philly is always possible, but they have no assets they'd be willing to surrender that I'd be that interested in. Unless Tony Wroten can be good, which I guess is possible. Any other PG trade ideas? Think any other teams would be receptive? Think the city of Chicago is ready to move on from D-Rose?

Will never happen.

Edited by Jenksismybitch