Chris Sale has a foot injury

Baron

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 02:25 PM)
my question, after his recovery, how will this affect his pitching. meaning, his full pitching motion. will his follow thru, his mechanics be affected in a sense of trying to rush into training and getting ready for the start of the season.

It really shouldn't. Since its on the lateral side of his foot, it's likely a tendon of an intrinsic muscle of the foot that pulled part of the bone off. Once it heals, it really shouldn't effect much of anything. He might have some initial problems with weight transfer through his plant foot.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 02:25 PM)
my question, after his recovery, how will this affect his pitching. meaning, his full pitching motion. will his follow thru, his mechanics be affected in a sense of trying to rush into training and getting ready for the start of the season.

I think we're all just hoping for the best man.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
I think we're all just hoping for the best man.

i am too. but a injury to a foot can screw up the mechanics of weight transfer. i would rather have him fully heal before expecting him back too quickly. i am also looking at the first 2 - 3 weeks when the team don't need a full rotation. the sox needs him healthy.

i never heard of this kind of injury, but i am looking at the best idea of when he can be back and take a full load.

The White Sox announced Saturday that Chris Sale suffered an avulsion fracture on his right foot in an accident at his home on Friday.

The early diagnosis is that he's expected to miss three weeks. While it sounds that he avoided a significant injury, it could put his availability for Opening Day in jeopardy. The team will wait for the swelling to subside before determining his status.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
It's not an elbow, shoulder, or arm injury. Should be back for Opening Day, not too concerned

This is the internet. There's no room for "not too concerned" here. Everything must be the worst. 3 weeks is the worst. Also, it is definitely more than 3 weeks. Injuries only happen to my teams. Kevin Durant is not injured. Kobe is not out for the season. Michael Saunders is not out for 6 weeks. Josh Hamilton does not have a suspension coming. Belisario can get out of the pool cleanly. The White Sox have not been the team that has suffered the fewest injuries over the last decade. This has pushed Rodon onto the opening day roster. We just lost a year of team control, he's not ready for the pressure, he'll have to be shut down early, the season is over.

QUOTE (staxx @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
It really shouldn't. Since its on the lateral side of his foot, it's likely a tendon of an intrinsic muscle of the foot that pulled part of the bone off. Once it heals, it really shouldn't effect much of anything. He might have some initial problems with weight transfer through his plant foot.

The intrinsic muscles really don't have tendons. By the mechanism of injury it was the fibularis brevis avulsed from the styloid of the 5th metatarsal. 3 weeks is pretty aggressive. I wouldn't think he could start throwing for 4 weeks. It must have been non-displaced.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
This is the internet. There's no room for "not too concerned" here. Everything must be the worst. 3 weeks is the worst. Also, it is definitely more than 3 weeks. Injuries only happen to my teams. Kevin Durant is not injured. Kobe is not out for the season. Michael Saunders is not out for 6 weeks. Josh Hamilton does not have a suspension coming. Belisario can get out of the pool cleanly. The White Sox have not been the team that has suffered the fewest injuries over the last decade. This has pushed Rodon onto the opening day roster. We just lost a year of team control, he's not ready for the pressure, he'll have to be shut down early, the season is over.

Kobe is out for the season

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Even if he's not back for Opening Day, it's not an arm injury. I'm not that worried about it.

I remember when Dizzy Dean hurt his toe, then it effected his delivery, and the arm was next to go.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 28, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
It does bring Rodon's name more to the forefront.

in a way, not really. it all depends on the sox brass and how they want to develop and the agreement with his camp. with sale being hurt, the team still has 4 sp's and a 5 not needed till late april early may. the sox still has Beck and possible a re-emergence of EJ, let alone any other surprises that may come from spring training.

this sucks.

There was an article stating Rodon probably wasn't going to be starting any spring training games. This might open the door a bit.

Sale's injury will give Rodon even more of a chance to shine in the spring, especially if Beck, Johnson and Penny struggle.

Edited by caulfield12