2015-2016 NFL Thread

Kelly didnt have all this control until this year right?

Yeah, he is going to run that team into the cellar. He is just making too many weird moves this off season for my taste. That usually doesnt end up well.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
Oh my, that Files trade was AWFUL. Eagles get a fourth but give up a fifth and a 2016 2nd round pick. Unbelievable. I would have guessed you could get Bradford for a second alone.

Rams only get that 2nd round pick if Bradford is the start, I believe, so I presume they won't actually be giving that pick up. But man, I'd have traded Jay for Foles and a 2nd rounder, haha.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Rams only get that 2nd round pick if Bradford is the start, I believe, so I presume they won't actually be giving that pick up. But man, I'd have traded Jay for Foles and a 2nd rounder, haha.

Or not. Evidently they get 2nd rounder no matter what, but get a conditional pick back depending on certain circumstances (i.e, how much Bradford plays). What a coup for the Rams. They get the better QB and better draft picks. WTH.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
Or not. Evidently they get 2nd rounder no matter what, but get a conditional pick back depending on certain circumstances (i.e, how much Bradford plays). What a coup for the Rams. They get the better QB and better draft picks. WTH.

Not to mention Foles makes $1.5 mil and Bradford makes $13 mil.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 10, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)

So the Rams get Foles a 4th and a 2016 2nd for Bradford and 5th? In addition, Philly gets to add an additional 13mil to their cap? That's gotta be one of the biggest head scratchers I can remember.

Can we talk to Chip about a Cutler/Bradford swap? Maybe pick up an extra first, second, and third rounders?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 07:26 AM)
If Sam Bradford is healthy, he is a much better player than Nick Foles. Nick Foles just isn't that good. Still a big gamble by Kelly.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Not just saying this because I am a Packers fan, but I feel the Seahawks and Packers have really separated themselves even more from the rest of the NFC. It looks like teams such as Philly, SF, and New Orleans are taking a big step back and even teams like Dallas and Detroit are taking small steps back. Anything can happen obviously but if everyone stays relatively healthy I fully expect a NFC championship game rematch next season. Hopefully the Packers can return the favor for that ugly meltdown last January. This is starting to feel like the early/mid 90s with the Dallas/GB rivalry for NFC supremacy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

I don't know how you can look at those stats and say he is clearly better than Foles from his NFL time. Since college, he has not thrown a lot of pics, which is good, but barely 60% accuracy and only 6 YPA. So he MAY be a top 15 QB if healthy based off that.

Foles 2013 was clearly way better than anything Bradford has ever done:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FoleNi00.htm

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

I don't know how you can look at those stats and say he is clearly better than Foles from his NFL time. Since college, he has not thrown a lot of pics, which is good, but barely 60% accuracy and only 6 YPA. So he MAY be a top 15 QB if healthy based off that.

Foles 2013 was clearly way better than anything Bradford has ever done:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FoleNi00.htm

I like Foles. He gets beat up over his play last year, but he didn't play in a lot of games and his first three starts were actually pretty good.

The year before he was great.

I think the Rams made a good move.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 7m7 minutes ago

Be interesting to see what direction #Bears go in today. Eddie Royal would be very good No. 2/3 option. Provide something they lack.

Our guy Aaron Lemming saying he won't leave Chicago without a contract....Hasn't been wrong yet.

I'm most intrigued about what goes down with Knighton.

I'm hoping they grab Knighton, Parker, and hopefully Chris Culliver, though with the CB market so inflated they might pass.

On the note of the CB market being inflated, what's everyones thoughts on Trae Waynes at 7?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
I like Foles. He gets beat up over his play last year, but he didn't play in a lot of games and His first three starts were actually pretty good.

The year before he was great.

I think the Rams made a good move.

Foles reminds me a lot of McCown. He got to destroy a lot of the same awful defenses McCown did in 2013, then was dreadful the following year.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
Our guy Aaron Lemming saying he won't leave Chicago without a contract....Hasn't been wrong yet.

I'm most intrigued about what goes down with Knighton.

I'm hoping they grab Knighton, Parker, and hopefully Chris Culliver, though with the CB market so inflated they might pass.

On the note of the CB market being inflated, what's everyones thoughts on Trae Waynes at 7?

Knighton is visiting Washington today I believe.

Culliver is probably out of their price range right now.

Not a huge Waynes fan, but wouldn't mind him. Would much rather have Jalen Collins from LSU.

My guy at 7 is Vic Beasley.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Knighton is visiting Washington today I believe.

Culliver is probably out of their price range right now.

Not a huge Waynes fan, but wouldn't mind him. Would much rather have Jalen Collins from LSU.

My guy at 7 is Vic Beasley.

It'll be interesting to see if they still go OLB at 7 with the McPhee signing. Fox has already talked about Young and Allen as OLBs, Christian Jones could possibly bring some upside at OLB, then there's SMC, Washington, and Bassas well.

IMO

If they don't get Knighton they should grab Shelton.

If they get Knighton but not a corner I'd go Waynes (Or trade down for J. Collins.)

If they grab both Knighton and a starting CB, but miss out on a safety I'd try to trade down for Landon Collins.

If they fill all those holes in FA that's where it'd get interesting. Do you take Cooper/White? OLB? OT? Trade down for Erik Kendrick?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Foles reminds me a lot of McCown. He got to destroy a lot of the same awful defenses McCown did in 2013, then was dreadful the following year.

Foles bad season last year reminded me a lot of the best of what Bradford has done when healthy.

I'm willing to believe, considering Sanchez, Bradford will outperform his previous stats, but I have a hard time believing this guy was worth more than foles considering salary and his injuries.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Mar 11, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
go read for GoSox05 and other Packers fans out there

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2392204...ke-mccarthy-era

They also have great depth behind the starters. Don Barclay and JC tretter could probably both be starters on a lot of teams. I would bet they draft another OL at some point in the draft.

Health is always the biggest question though.