2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (HuskyCaucasian @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
"parts of fingers and a lot of skin missing"

I think that's all rumors right now. I've heard anything from minor damage to "might lose his hand".

It had to be pretty bad to require a two night hospital stay. Usually even the bad injuries you are discharged after its treated and referred for follow up. Granted he is a wealthy professional athlete but still that seems odd to me.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HuskyCaucasian @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
"parts of fingers and a lot of skin missing"

I think that's all rumors right now. I've heard anything from minor damage to "might lose his hand".

well one thing that is not rumor is that the Giants just pulled their contract offer from him. So apparently it is enough damage for the Giants to tell him "No thanks"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
well one thing that is not rumor is that the Giants just pulled their contract offer from him. So apparently it is enough damage for the Giants to tell him "No thanks"

They still have the right to pull their franchise tag offer and so far I haven't seen them do that?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
I don't handle explosives for 364 days out of the year. Why on earth on one special day would I suddenly be an explosives expert?

How else will you remind the sky who is the boss?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
I don't handle explosives for 364 days out of the year. Why on earth on one special day would I suddenly be an explosives expert?

Liquor makes us all experts.

After the Washington Football Franchise had its trademarks canceled by the US Patent Office, they filed suit in federal court to overturn the decision of the patent office, a technique that has successfully worked for them previously.

Today a federal judge agreed with the US Patent Office that their trademark is offensive and ruled against the football team's lawsuit.

The decision will obviously be appealed upwards and the decision will not be enforced until all appeals are exhausted, but this marks as far as anyone can tell the football team's first major legal loss in any case over its name brought in the last 20 years. Even if this appeal is successful, it now seems likely that this process will be repeated in a few years until the full federal courts agree and the team fully loses its US Patent/trademark protection.

After the Washington Football Franchise had its trademarks canceled by the US Patent Office, they filed suit in federal court to overturn the decision of the patent office, a technique that has successfully worked for them previously.

Today a federal judge agreed with the US Patent Office that their trademark is offensive and ruled against the football team's lawsuit.

The decision will obviously be appealed upwards and the decision will not be enforced until all appeals are exhausted, but this marks as far as anyone can tell the football team's first major legal loss in any case over its name brought in the last 20 years. Even if this appeal is successful, it now seems likely that this process will be repeated in a few years until the full federal courts agree and the team fully loses its US Patent/trademark protection.

I wonder what is going to happen when enough people complain about the Blackhawks Indian head being offensive.

I'm sure at some point people who have run out of other things to complain about will start complaining, but "Blackhawk" has never been a derisive term the way "Redskin" has, so I don't see the complaining generating any sort of similar results.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
I'm sure at some point people who have run out of other things to complain about will start complaining, but "Blackhawk" has never been a derisive term the way "Redskin" has, so I don't see the complaining generating any sort of similar results.

I think the Indian head is what will eventually cause a problem. If Chief Illiniwek was offensive, the logo has to be to someone. I do agree Redskins is more obvious, but I think once they get that changed, the Blackhawks will get targeted at some point.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
I think the Indian head is what will eventually cause a problem. If Chief Illiniwek was offensive, the logo has to be to someone. I do agree Redskins is more obvious, but I think once they get that changed, the Blackhawks will get targeted at some point.

Eh, its a ceremonial headdress and face paint, not sure they can do anything about that. People found the Chief offensive because it was a white guy dressed up poorly in Native American garb doing gymnastics dances at halftime.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
Eh, its a ceremonial headdress and face paint, not sure they can do anything about that. People found the Chief offensive because it was a white guy dressed up poorly in Native American garb doing gymnastics dances at halftime.

And the logo?