2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Cutler was brilliant on this drive.

Clausen is just terrible. Cutler shows flashes here and there but he'll make bonehead decisions once in a while. Sadly, this was one of his "shows flashes" drives.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
Clausen is just terrible. Cutler shows flashes here and there but he'll make bonehead decisions once in a while. Sadly, this was one of his "shows flashes" drives.

It helps that the Raiders' defense is f***ing horrible.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
It was a catch.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks the Cooper TD from the 1st half was incomplete? His first foot was down, but he didn't have control of the ball at the time- he bobbled! I watched the replay in slow-motion several times...

How is there definitive evidence that he had possession as his foot hit the ground?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
Yep, they also ran the ball way too much. Heck of a kick by Gould

The third down play on their last drive was pathetic. The Bears were selling out on the run and that would have been a great chance to attack and go for the TD. With how good modern kickers are and how bad the Raiders' defense is playing for a FG and a 1 pt lead is laughably stupid.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
John Fox had me perplexed today. Why down 2 do you not go for 2? And why with your kick coverage, do you call timeout with 7 seconds left which guarantees a kickoff if you get the lead?

Judging from Twitter reactions the past month, these type of decisions seem to be the norm with him. In game decisions and agressive play calling are not his specialty it would appear.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Yeah go 0-16 and take Goff to fix the least of your issues and still leave tons of the same holes for 2016 woo hoo

Yeah would much rather be Rams or Texans they are going to the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)

I agree with your point. The Rams "won" the RG3 trade because of all the talented they drafted, yet they are the team with zero playoff appearances since, the Redskins at least got a home playoff game . Finding a QB is a priority

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)

Yeah so take a QB who will have no RG or LT. His #1 will be an unproven rookie WR. His starting RB will be Jeremy Langford. His team won't have any inside LB's, CB's, rush LB's aside from McPhee, or a starting FS. It'll be great. The team will look a lot different than this year's

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
John Fox had me perplexed today. Why down 2 do you not go for 2? And why with your kick coverage, do you call timeout with 7 seconds left which guarantees a kickoff if you get the lead?

I'm just guessing here, but I believe it's because we kicked the Field Goal on a non-4th down play. If the kick had been blocked without passing the line of scrimmage, we'd get the ball back and potentially have time to kick another FG. 7 seconds could have run off during the kick and subsequent fight to recover the ball. But if we recovered with say 1 second left, it would be Bears ball still. And we could attempt another FG.

On the flip side, if you make it, the only chance the other team has to win is to return the kick. And since you are squibbing it, that means they end up having to perform a series of laterals and running all over the field to score (like you saw today). The odds of them actually scoring are probably less than 0.1%. That's why you take your chances with the extra few seconds of time.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Am I the only one who thinks the Cooper TD from the 1st half was incomplete? His first foot was down, but he didn't have control of the ball at the time- he bobbled! I watched the replay in slow-motion several times...

No. It was 100% a catch. Great throw by Carr and even better catch by Cooper. That dude is the real deal.