2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
Disagree. They had Bennett, Royal, Jeffery and Forte in Detroit and the red zone struggles were happening then as well

That was earlier in the season and they win that game if not for their own ineptitude. I'd also point out that was Alshon's first game and Royal has been hobbled anyway. Lets see what they can do when they have actual pieces around him. The greatest current QB on the planet (Rodgers) has had a hell of a time dealing with what I would call, largely, a more talented set of passing targets then the Bears have had most of this year. That receiving corps without Royal / Jeffrey is really really bad. Having Bennett helps (and he had a monster game drawing all those PI's) but in the red zone we started getting more efficient as the team was gelling with Jeffrey.

What this offense has done with so many guys out is so impressive. How Jay has kept calm in spite of all this is also very impressive, imo.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Agreed. The Bears had just failed on 3 straight goal to go plays, why would you bet on them converting 2 in a row just to tie with 10 minutes left? Kick there and then if you get another TD you're winning instead of tying. Don't understand that decision at all.

I'm usually an aggressive kind of guy but I was thinking we'd kick the field goal. That said, you are inside the 4 so I think statistically, the stato's would have said to go for it (if you miss, you have them backed up inside the 4, so good probability you get the ball back in good field position). The only thing was, we were totally inept in the red zone. No one could get open.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 05:07 AM)
It is really aggravating that Jeffery continues to be injured. The offense gains 399 yard per game and scores 27 points per game with him in, and only gains 305 yards and scores 15.5 yard with him out.

I think it is magnified when you are talking about your #1, #2, and #3 wideout really being out. That is a lot of issues. Packers are down just their #1 and look at how much problems Aaron is having right now (of course the Bears will somehow cure it cause he's always money against us).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 01:00 PM)
Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 10m10 minutes ago

Bears coach John Fox announces that the team has waived QB Jimmy Clausen. Outside interest in David Fales prompted the move.

Fales was on the practice squad but has now been promoted to the active roster.

Outside interest? I am really surprised by this.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
Outside interest? I am really surprised by this.

Claussen being beyond bad in his backup, with such a conservative offense in place, seemed to me to indicate literally anyone else could do what he did.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
So, whats the hold up on Kevin White. Put him on the IR or activate him already

Good question. Seemed like 3 weeks ago there was a lot of "Kevin White Running!" articles and since then, nada.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
So, whats the hold up on Kevin White. Put him on the IR or activate him already

I believe they have to decide by tomorrow. It might be next Tuesday. I thought I heard a few weeks back on a Tuesday "in 3 weeks from today, they must decide on White." I might be wrong

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
I believe they have to decide by tomorrow. It might be next Tuesday. I thought I heard a few weeks back on a Tuesday "in 3 weeks from today, they must decide on White." I might be wrong

I thought it was today, thats why I asked

Is it me or are the beat writers either...

1. Scared of the Fox staff so they don't ask the questions we are wondering as fans.

2. They are trying to make good with Fox's staff so they keep quiet about a ton of s*** they shouldn't.

3. They are playing a loosing game of give and take when they are never getting.

It seems like it is all of the above and its getting really annoying.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
I firmly believe Andy Reid and the play calling is directly responsible for 2 losses this year. I'm really torn on him. His game management, play calling, clock management etc has been pretty terrible for two years now, yet every single player claims to love playing for him. And unlike past regimes, I've rarely seen teams quit under him. The defense has really stepped up though. I don't think anyone would want to play them in the playoffs if they could get there

I just want Andy to give up playcalling duties.

Things to remember, Poe is finally healthy from mid-July back surgery, Berry is rounding back into form, (my fricken hero man! What this guys done is inspirational. He's playing his best ball AFTER cancer. Insane.) oline is gaining continuity, Sean Smith is back. Missing Smith for first three weeks were brutal against a healthy Manning and Rodgers. Our dline is the most underrated in football. Bailey is awesome 4.5 sacks, DeVito is a run stuffing stud, Howard gained weight and is a beast, Poe is healthy and is the best NT in football. Now DJ is getting his legs back after missing last season from Achilles injury. Secondary is really really good. Oh and how can I forget the best defensive player in football Justin Houston who had a pick six Sunday. He's the most complete LB in the league. PFF will agree with that.

Now because the oline is coming together, Alex is trusting them more. Yesterday was his best passing day as a Chief. He was taking chances finally and delivering some good touch passes. We're literally pulling RBs out of our asses now that Jamaal's out. West is a stud and now Ware is emerging. This team is dangerous. Not saying we'll be contenders for the super bowl but they'll be a tough out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
Is it me or are the beat writers either...

1. Scared of the Fox staff so they don't ask the questions we are wondering as fans.

2. They are trying to make good with Fox's staff so they keep quiet about a ton of s*** they shouldn't.

3. They are playing a loosing game of give and take when they are never getting.

It seems like it is all of the above and its getting really annoying.

You could have stopped with question 1 with this answer: "he won't give them s*** back for an answer anyway."

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
You could have stopped with question 1 with this answer: "he won't give them s*** back for an answer anyway."

I hear ya but you don't stop asking the questions. It doesnt appear they ever pressure him with questions even though we may know what his answer is going to be. If they keep on doing their job and ask the questions eventually you may get tidbits of answers here and there, possibly unintentionally.

The best coach on the planet when it comes to football is tight lipped and non-descript. I really don't care. Fox isn't mean, he's just quiet and protective. That is fine. He's done a hell of a job thus far and I don't really care if he doesn't give the media a ton of access. And the media has asked him tough questions, he just ignores the answers or comes back with a sarcastic response.

Do you think Pat fans care that Belli is as closed off as he is?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
The best coach on the planet when it comes to football is tight lipped and non-descript. I really don't care. Fox isn't mean, he's just quiet and protective. That is fine. He's done a hell of a job thus far and I don't really care if he doesn't give the media a ton of access. And the media has asked him tough questions, he just ignores the answers or comes back with a sarcastic response.

Do you think Pat fans care that Belli is as closed off as he is?

My beef is with the reporters, not Fox. He is fine with me with how he goes about his business. I just get the feeling that some may not be doing their job as well as they should in the media. I could be totally off base in that and maybe they are all trying their hardest to get info out of him but it appears they have held back and some have given up at prodding.

Plus Fox is no Belichick.