2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Karma's a b****, ain't it Tom?

Looks like all the cheating is catching up to him.

I mean, the guy is 11-1 this season and the one loss is against a hellacious defense on the road in overtime. So, not much has caught up yet

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
Gronk did not tear acl/mcl, just a sprain. Crazy to see those reports and then walked back. Can't imagine being a pats fan there.

Rather fear the worst and then get better news. It would be like the opposite of when I heard Rose had his 2nd injury. When I first heard it was a meniscus I was happy cause I figured he'd be back for the season..then by the next day I learned he was out for the year. As a fan, when someone is carted, I already assume done for the season / significant injury.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 29, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Rex Ryan not challenging that catch in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes left was idiotic.

That was a crazy game to watch. I thought my Chiefs were f***ed down 10-0. Alex usually folds, but yesterday he was slinging it with confidence and played like a top 15 QB he should be. We're so beat up right now. Pulling ruining backs out of our asses.

Rex Ryan is also an idiot. He challenged a play earlier that cost them a timeout and challenge. Then misses like 2 challenges that would've went against KC. His teams are also undisciplined dumbasses. They commit a ton of penalties.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Karma's a b****, ain't it Tom?

Looks like all the cheating is catching up to him.

Meh, they've been getting f***ed lately. Nice to see, but they still win so it's likely all for naught. The officiating the past few weeks has been nothing short of horrendous.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
Honestly I think the league has just made it impossible to officiate. They could increase training or incentives but until they simplify their rule book stupid stuff is going to happen.

With the media focused on them so heavily it's getting harder and harder for sure.

Honestly I think the league has just made it impossible to officiate. They could increase training or incentives but until they simplify their rule book stupid stuff is going to happen.

At least they're making 160-200k a year now and don't need second jobs in the off season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)

The league needs to evaluate how and who they are hiring and making certain they are getting the best possible guys.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
The league needs to evaluate how and who they are hiring and making certain they are getting the best possible guys.

I think the officials being full-time would help as well. Many of these guys do college games on Saturday and the rules really are pretty different.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
I think the officials being full-time would help as well. Many of these guys do college games on Saturday and the rules really are pretty different.

NFL guys do not work college games they only work NFL games.

Being a full time NFL official would serve no purpose as there are not enough games on which to learn. Being a good NFL official requires and inane ability to understand the rules and the point of the game and interpret both simultaneously. This ability cannot be taught by doing it 40 hours a week you either know it to learn it from working games.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
I don't think I've ever watched NFL network highlights before, but watched these to see what happened in games last night:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...owns-highlights

Try to listen to that commentary and not cringe.

I watch NFL Network's highlight show over SportsCenter to avoid the whole East Coast bias. I do agree that the commentary is worse.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
I watch NFL Network's highlight show over SportsCenter to avoid the whole East Coast bias. I do agree that the commentary is worse.

Why are they all talking over each other? The poor main guy trying to announce and they are all commenting on some inane crap. I thought they had the wrong feed the first time I listened.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Why are they all talking over each other? The poor main guy trying to announce and they are all commenting on some inane crap. I thought they had the wrong feed the first time I listened.

That video is pretty cringeworthy, but they're usually not worse than those TNT basketball pre-game guys shouting over each other.

It feels like holding or pass interference can be called on every single pass play with all the new rules. It's so hard to even play pass defense anymore, and the automatic first down or spot foul penalty can alter an entire game

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 08:20 AM)
Michael Irvin ruins the highlight shows and sometimes preview shows with his blatant BS bias.

He used to call Mully and Hanley, and he was just garbage. And wasted most of the time