2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
The only thing I do not like about Bennett is he seems to never get any YAC

That is the strength of bennett to me. If he gets a little bit of space he bowls over people.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
I want Jake Butt.

Yeah, he would probably be number one TE if he leaves school early.

Hunter Henry is the other really good TE. He is expected to leave for the draft this year.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
He's 9th among TEs this year in YAC. Was 3rd last year.

I would hate to see him go, but this organization seems to have a no nonsense philosophy so he probably is indeed a goner.

I agree with others in that I'm not sure you can count on Miller/Lee. I like the idea of Dwayne Allen, or maybe a guy like Clay Harbor for cheap as an insurance policy for Miller.

Just so you all know...no one that you mentioned is even on the same planet as Bennett. Bennett is a really good tight end and he is one of the few really good TE's who can also block. This year he has been put in a tough spot, been asked to block a lot more, and hasn't been able to go downfield as much. He's also gotten significantly more attention with injuries to most of our receiving corps and the fact that our oline has needed a lot of help as well (due to injuries / lack of talent). And all that said, he's still amongst the league leaders in TE production. He also is a beast after the catch (from a career perspective).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
Just so you all know...no one that you mentioned is even on the same planet as Bennett. Bennett is a really good tight end and he is one of the few really good TE's who can also block. This year he has been put in a tough spot, been asked to block a lot more, and hasn't been able to go downfield as much. He's also gotten significantly more attention with injuries to most of our receiving corps and the fact that our oline has needed a lot of help as well (due to injuries / lack of talent). And all that said, he's still amongst the league leaders in TE production. He also is a beast after the catch (from a career perspective).

I'm fully aware that no one mentioned is as good as Marty. Like I said, I'd hate to see him go, but the conversation is about him being let go ala Marshall.

I also like Jake Butt....Does he make it to the middle of the 2nd?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
I'm fully aware that no one mentioned is as good as Marty. Like I said, I'd hate to see him go, but the conversation is about him being let go ala Marshall.

I also like Jake Butt....Does he make it to the middle of the 2nd?

Bears have bigger fish to fry than drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
Bears have bigger fish to fry than drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

Thats why i said what I said. I dont think Lee and Miller will be the only TEs on the roster of course, but I dont think they will draft one nor sign a name. I think they will take a flyer on a guy and roll with it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
Thats why i said what I said. I dont think Lee and Miller will be the only TEs on the roster of course, but I dont think they will draft one nor sign a name. I think they will take a flyer on a guy and roll with it.

I think they either sign one in FA or give Marty an extension. Part of that probably depends on how Marty responds to this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
sounds like im doing other things at halftime

Oh you are gonna watch and like it.

I cant stand all these posers who pretend to hate Coldplay. You cant hate Coldplay...they have a sound that pulls at your damn heart strings!

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
What team would trade for Manziel? He is trouble off the field and pretty awful on the field. I think the Browns should just admit that they made a typical Browns move in drafting him and just cut him.

Browns will most likely do the wrong thing.

They need to dump their front office. They seem to miss with high picks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 09:02 AM)
Next 4 games are vs. the NFC North. They will be 10-2 in a month and no one will remember this two game stretch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Meh, Minnesota's not very good, don't be fooled by their record. Either way, two games vs. DET and one vs. CHI should help cure their ills easily.

Those were some excellent predictions about the Packers right there