2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
3-12 their last 15 home games.

The worst thing about Bears games is that they're silent. I'm not sure who to blame; building the stadium as the smallest in the NFL with an open concept at the top wasn't too intelligent in terms of making noise then keeping it in. However, I've been to plenty in the last few years. Everyone is talking to one another, taking photos and buying beer. People wear red and yellow jackets and s*** that isn't Bears apparel or at least their colors. During big moments nobody is yelling or clapping. The "4th phase" stuff is s***. There's been a handful of moments when I thought "wow, it's loud in here" like before Rodgers' GW TD in 2013 or Jennings' pick 6 against Newton a few years back, but for the vast majority of the time, there is very little noise to give them a homefield advantage. I've seen games in Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Indy, Green Bay, St Louis, Tennessee, Detroit and Chicago and Chicago is by far the worst in terms of noise.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
The worst thing about Bears games is that they're silent. I'm not sure who to blame; building the stadium as the smallest in the NFL with an open concept at the top wasn't too intelligent in terms of making noise then keeping it in. However, I've been to plenty in the last few years. Everyone is talking to one another, taking photos and buying beer. People wear red and yellow jackets and s*** that isn't Bears apparel or at least their colors. During big moments nobody is yelling or clapping. The "4th phase" stuff is s***. There's been a handful of moments when I thought "wow, it's loud in here" like before Rodgers' GW TD in 2013 or Jennings' pick 6 against Newton a few years back, but for the vast majority of the time, there is very little noise to give them a homefield advantage. I've seen games in Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Indy, Green Bay, St Louis, Tennessee, Detroit and Chicago and Chicago is by far the worst in terms of noise.

I dare you to name a stadium louder when the offense has the ball than Soldier Field. We were waving our arms down to get people to shut up before Robbie shanked the game winner.

There is definitely a major party like, let's get drunk as hell atmosphere at Bears games, although I bet many NFL games are similar. Part of the reason my wife and I still enjoy going is the amazing people watching.

That being said, it will never be Seattle, but it doesn't help that the Bears suck and they have for a while and it just seems like people don't give a s*** anymore. Fans still show up because Da Bears but there is lots of indifference.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
I dare you to name a stadium louder when the offense has the ball than Soldier Field. We were waving our arms down to get people to shut up before Robbie shanked the game winner.

There is definitely a major party like, let's get drunk as hell atmosphere at Bears games, although I bet many NFL games are similar. Part of the reason my wife and I still enjoy going is the amazing people watching.

That being said, it will never be Seattle, but it doesn't help that the Bears suck and they have for a while and it just seems like people don't give a s*** anymore. Fans still show up because Da Bears but there is lots of indifference.

You wrote what I tried to when I was pissed. My point exactly. Well done.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
I can't even name one of their songs.

I know "Yellow".....Hopefully everything else isn't as depressing as that yawn fest of a song.

As for the Bears, yeah, that sucked. Bar I was at was rocking after that return by Thompson. What a let down by Gould. Believe this is twice now they lost because of him.

Wonder if the Bears might consider dumping him next season. Could save 2.9mill. Though money isn't really an issue next year.

Game started off looking like one of those games where you don't strike early, you leave a team in and you lose. Our inability to hit field goals, but just as importantly, our inability to get TDs in the redzone got us. Defensively we were will prepared to deal with the mobility of Gabbert. Reminded me of a game against the Seahawks a few years ago where Russel torched us late in the game with his legs.

All that said, we aren't a great team, we all knew this team was devoid of talent. I was surprised we were so conservative against a good team. Langford and Jeffrey had some critical drops that prevented us from moving the chain and potentially get points. Cutler missed some big plays that were their. Just a poor offensive performance. And obviously Gould with two relatively routine misses.

White apparently getting close to being able to play.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL · 48m48 minutes ago

Kevin White's rehab progress has been downplayed since day 1. From what I've been told over the past few weeks, he's "close". #Bears

I wouldn't expect Kevin White to play Sunday vs the #Redskins but from what I've been told, he could be good to play vs #Vikings. #Bears

Question, with the emergence of Willie Young and Lamarr Houston in the last 3-5 weeks. Do you keep them for next year? I think if they just add some more down lineman like Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, or Muhammad Wilkerson, it would make the pass rush better. Not to mention that Goldman has been an absolute beast this year.

Addressing the DL in the FA and keeping Young and Houston could make the Bears focus on ILB, secondary, and OL help in the draft.

In terms of cuts, I think Rolle and Bushrod could/should be cut.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 06:11 PM)
White apparently getting close to being able to play.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL · 48m48 minutes ago

Kevin White's rehab progress has been downplayed since day 1. From what I've been told over the past few weeks, he's "close". #Bears

I wouldn't expect Kevin White to play Sunday vs the #Redskins but from what I've been told, he could be good to play vs #Vikings. #Bears

I am really excited to see him out there. Mariani was saying he looks phenomenal in practice. Like he has that burst that is special and you dont see often.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
Question, with the emergence of Willie Young and Lamarr Houston in the last 3-5 weeks. Do you keep them for next year? I think if they just add some more down lineman like Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, or Muhammad Wilkerson, it would make the pass rush better. Not to mention that Goldman has been an absolute beast this year.

Addressing the DL in the FA and keeping Young and Houston could make the Bears focus on ILB, secondary, and OL help in the draft.

I'm with you on Houston/Young, especially when you consider this looks like a poor draft class for OLBs.

I could see them bringing in one of those Broncos lineman for sure. I've read than you can "Bank on Wilkerson getting tagged" so that pipe dream probably doesn't happen. Read they'll be moving on from Damon Harrison. He's a little interesting if Goldman continues looking like he can be a pass rusher. Harrison and Goldman on the line would be incredibly difficult to run on....Probably need more of a pass rusher though.....Like the D linemen in the draft too.

This offseason is gonna be very interesting.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
Marty Bennett placed on IR

This guy is such a knucklehead. Good, but a knucklehead.

Misses the Packers game with an injury. Says he didn't watch it. Complains about not getting the ball enough. Is limited in the game ten days later. Is placed on IR.

Does he think maybe his lack of targets is a result of his inability to get open due to his injury? Maybe the defenses are blanketing him because he is the best receiver available for most of the season? Nope. Not the Purple Unicorn or whatever dumb nickname he gave himself. He's just not getting enough targets.

So, by all means, complain and put it into the QBs head that you want more targets. That way he can try to force balls to you instead of throwing to the open guy. Great teammate. Brandon Marshall-lite.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 07:08 AM)
This guy is such a knucklehead. Good, but a knucklehead.

Misses the Packers game with an injury. Says he didn't watch it. Complains about not getting the ball enough. Is limited in the game ten days later. Is placed on IR.

Does he think maybe his lack of targets is a result of his inability to get open due to his injury? Maybe the defenses are blanketing him because he is the best receiver available for most of the season? Nope. Not the Purple Unicorn or whatever dumb nickname he gave himself. He's just not getting enough targets.

So, by all means, complain and put it into the QBs head that you want more targets. That way he can try to force balls to you instead of throwing to the open guy. Great teammate. Brandon Marshall-lite.

Pretty much. Good chance he is wearing another uniform in 2016.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)

Mike Daniels of the Packers should be their #1 target in free agency. He's been studly this year. I also expect Danny Trevathan to be a Bear.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
Mike Daniels of the Packers should be their #1 target in free agency. He's been studly this year. I also expect Danny Trevathan to be a Bear.

Mike Daniels will never get close to free agency. Packers will give him whatever he wants and they tons of cap space.

He's arguably their best player on defense.