2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
Both should be top priority along with a QB its just depending on which they want to improve through draft, FA, or maybe even trade. But all three are absolutely number one priority and I cant place one over another at this point. I just cant. And that is what makes this such a difficult position for Pace and company. They are behind the eight ball that is behind a brick wall, so good luck to them on figuring this craziness out.

I don't know how they can focus on those areas and QB. I agree they should try and target a QB, however, I think Jay has shown that with proper coaching and the right talent, you can absolutely win and contend with him. I'd also argue now isn't the draft to target a QB (at least not in day 1) given our other needs.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Defense and it's not even close. Move Long back to his pro bowl position and draft a RT and all of a sudden that right side becomes a lot better. Leno Jr. has graded out pretty well this year and Slauson is a stud (albeit he's getting up there). I'm a big fan of Grasu, but he needs to get stronger in the offseason. Great upside there though. In other words, there are guys you can at least work with.

The defense on the other hand has a lot of needs. Amos is going to be a very good player, and I still like Fuller (very inconsistent, but tremendous talent). You got young guys like Goldman, Sutton, McPhee to an extent etc. on the d-line who have very good upsides. After that though, it gets bad. They really need linebackers the most cause what they got now is terrible.

Grasu is one of the worst centers I've ever seen. Literally he's that bad. Long has been a turnstile and the Bears are the most penalized oline in football. I don't know how one could argue it isn't even close. This is a brutal offensive line.

Only benefit I can give to Grasu is he is physically being abused and Bears seemed to be aware of those physical limitations when they drafted him (and seemed to think he could develop into them...from a strength perspective). I guess we shall see.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
SB Nation has an early mock draft with the Bears taking OT Ronnie Stanley.

I really think that they'll go defensive in round one this year, though.

I think oline is pretty realistic because I think we might target defensive playmaker with the cap space. I also wouldn't be shocked if we kicked the tires on Berry to shore up the safety position opposite Amos.

@art_stapleton

I'm told Norman was swinging a baseball bat on the sideline during pre-game warmups + got the attention of players on the field.

@RapSheet

Apparently Marcus Ball, a #Panthers practice squad player, was holding a bat pregame. He had to be separated from Odell Beckham pregame.

Imo this season has gone pretty well for the Bears. They proved they can compete with teams despite being less talented than most of the teams they played. They had some nice wins vs Kc and GB and some close losses other games that could have went either way. Who knows, maybe s***ting the bed at the end of the season will allow us to keep Gase as well. We are looking like we should have a decent draft pick now and we will have a lot of money for FA. For what my expectations were going into this season I cant really complain with how its went.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
SB Nation has an early mock draft with the Bears taking OT Ronnie Stanley.

I really think that they'll go defensive in round one this year, though.

Agreed. Unless a stud OT somehow falls, Bears need to be drafting defense.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Haha, "body slammed". OBJ slammed Norman to the ground with much more force shortly later. I love the people using the "but Norman body slammed him!" line. Beckham shoved his forearm right into Norman's throat, they got tangled together, Norman bear hugged, Beckham threw his hands up like he did nothing wrong and Norman pushed him down. Anyone calling that a body slam either doesn't know what a body slam is or is a Beckham apologist/Giants fan.

And before they got tangled and Beckham "shoves" his forearm into Norman's throat, Norman shoves his left hand in Beckham's throat or chin. And if anything you are a Norman apologist/Giants hater if you call that a push down. That was a quite obvious throw since he stopped his momentum, lifted Beckham and then threw him to the ground.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
And before they got tangled and Beckham "shoves" his forearm into Norman's throat, Norman shoves his left hand in Beckham's throat or chin. And if anything you are a Norman apologist/Giants hater if you call that a push down. That was a quite obvious throw since he stopped his momentum, lifted Beckham and then threw him to the ground.

You clearly need to re-watch what you posted if that's your true belief on this one. I thought you were a Dolphins fan for some reason, didn't realize there were any Giants fans on this board. And I'm a Chiefs fan, I couldn't care less about either Carolina or NYG

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
You clearly need to re-watch what you posted if that's your true belief on this one. I thought you were a Dolphins fan for some reason, didn't realize there were any Giants fans on this board. And I'm a Chiefs fan, I couldn't care less about either Carolina or NYG

He's a Bucs fan. Hence the dislike for Norman.

I looked at the teams ahead of the Bears in terms of draft order & their last 2 games. If the Bears lose out and the teams ahead of them finish as I project, the Bears *could* be picking 6th and with Bosa/Lynch/Tunsil/Goff almost assuredly going top 4, you have to think there's a good chance Ramsey is there at 6.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
I looked at the teams ahead of the Bears in terms of draft order & their last 2 games. If the Bears lose out and the teams ahead of them finish as I project, the Bears *could* be picking 6th and with Bosa/Lynch/Tunsil/Goff almost assuredly going top 4, you have to think there's a good chance Ramsey is there at 6.

Jaylon Smith as well. Vernon Hargraves III.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
Jaylon Smith as well. Vernon Hargraves III.

I may be in the minority here but while Smith is athletic as hell, I don't believe he's great right now. He's a project. Myles Jack, while smaller, is the much better player *right now* and he would immediately become one of the best cover LB's in the NFL as soon as he's drafted; he's that good. Sign Trevathan and no TE down the field or WR crossing route is an option for opposing QB's.

I do like Hargreaves, but he's an option for me at 9-12. If you're picking 6th, you better get someone who's not only good but fills a need. Porter has played well and Fuller has been a top CB in football since week 1. I think the best bet is to extend Porter and sign a guy like Casey Heyward to play NB.

Chicago's holes on D right now are FS, DE and ILB. Jack, DeForest Buckner, and Ramsey have to be the pick if they're there (unless Tunsil falls).

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
I may be in the minority here but while Smith is athletic as hell, I don't believe he's great right now. He's a project. Myles Jack, while smaller, is the much better player *right now* and he would immediately become one of the best cover LB's in the NFL as soon as he's drafted; he's that good. Sign Trevathan and no TE down the field or WR crossing route is an option for opposing QB's.

I do like Hargreaves, but he's an option for me at 9-12. If you're picking 6th, you better get someone who's not only good but fills a need. Porter has played well and Fuller has been a top CB in football since week 1. I think the best bet is to extend Porter and sign a guy like Casey Heyward to play NB.

Chicago's holes on D right now are FS, DE and ILB. Jack, DeForest Buckner, and Ramsey have to be the pick if they're there (unless Tunsil falls).

I think DE and ILB could very well be addressed during free agency. Former Broncos Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan could possibly all come over and play with Fox. I have a feeling 2 of the 3 will.

As for TE, I think they'll trade or cut Bennett (similar to Marshall last year), and then go after Dwayne Allen. When healthy, a Jeffery, White, Royal, Wilson, Allen, Miller receiving corp is really really good.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
I think DE and ILB could very well be addressed during free agency. Former Broncos Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan could possibly all come over and play with Fox. I have a feeling 2 of the 3 will.

As for TE, I think they'll trade or cut Bennett (similar to Marshall last year), and then go after Dwayne Allen. When healthy, a Jeffery, White, Royal, Wilson, Allen, Miller receiving corp is really really good.

I'd be good with that. Jackson has improved year by year and will cost more than Wolfe, but he's the better player. I don't think Trevathan is enough help at ILB.

QUOTE (staxx @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 11:43 PM)

“The allegation that I would do something like that is complete garbage and is totally made up,” Peyton Manning said in a personal statement that was provided to PFT by the Broncos. “It never happened. Never. I really can’t believe somebody would put something like this on the air. Whoever said this is making stuff up.”