2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)
Peyton Manning to start the Broncos' divisional playoff game. I can't say I agree with that move.

Brock didnt do himself any favors in that last San Diego game. He was choking against a brutal defense in a game that they needed to win. If they lost that game theyd go from the number 1 seed to the 5 seed. Ill be curious to see what they do moving forward.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
There is no way the Bucs should have fired Lovie. That said, If I'm Gase, that becomes the most attractive job. Lovie got jobbed.

Whoa boy, I didnt think about Gase going there. That would be great for both sides. I think early word is their current OC has the advantage for the HC job though.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
The is an article on bleacher report suggesting part of the move was because the defense has stars on it yet has been regressing every year. It suggested that they believe the cover 2 is dated and he wouldn't change.

The defense has 3 players that are worthy anything-McCoy,David and Alexander. Verner has been a bust and got beat a lot. Maybe he just didnt mesh well with Lovie so even if we count him, the other 7 players can easily be replaced. Banks showed some promise last year but got injured and then looked bad this year. Maybe Verner and Banks can produce next year under a new guy. Verner is owed like $7M so who knows if he is on the roster next year.

I dont know if the cover 2 is outdated or not but I do know no defense can work when you rely on the DL to generate a pass rush and they cant. Teams had all day and could pick apart the Bucs because no one could get to the QB. It's been like that for the past 4 years.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
There is no way the Bucs should have fired Lovie. That said, If I'm Gase, that becomes the most attractive job. Lovie got jobbed.

Chris Landry is saying that Miami is wanting to lock up Gase now.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
There were 6-6 and finished 6-10. Their drafts have been good (Jason Licht makes the picks) but Lovie runs free agency, the 53, and has personnel control. Here is why he got fired: Michael Johnson, Alterraun Verner, Dane Fletcher, Bruce Carter, Sterling Moore, Henry Melton, Tim jennings, Chris Conte, and Major Wright. Hitching your wagon to bad football players usually ends up being your demise.

Don't forget Anthony Collins

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I dont know if I would want to jump into a job with Glass Bradford as my QB, but Gase is supposedly the whisperer

Isn't Bradford a UFA?

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
It was inevitable, though

Yep. Would be shocked if Loggains isn't the new OC. Jay has already talked about how he has the same "Beliefs" as Gase.

Clint Hurtt, who was the OLB coach, is going with him to be the DL coach. I was a fan of his, and the OLBs played well.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
We all knew Gase was gone. I have confidence in John Fox to hire the right guy to fill the OC position.

It's going to be a promotion for Dowell Loggains. Which is fine. I think Whisenhunt will go back to San Diego.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 07:27 PM)
Brian Hoyer, meet Jake Delhomme.

Not that the Texans have a good backup and the Chiefs were just the better team especially once Watt went down but how do you not bench Hoyer at halftime for Weeden.

But between the terrible bowl season this year and this game I'm still waiting to be remotely entertained by postseason football.