2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Yep. They must protect and rave about a complete piece of s*** in Ben Roethlisberger and they despise Burfict (who is probably also a piece of s*** off the field but still). Them questioning the legality of his hit on Roethlisberger but defending the clearly illegal hit by Shazier was infuriating.

Burfect has earned it with previous personal fouls and fines. People look at it differently with repeat offenders.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
Why didn't Cincy just kneel for 3 downs, forcing Pitt to burn their TO's, and kick the fg? That playcall is up there with SEA passing at the goalline. These coaches out-think themselves sometimes.

Because there is no guarantee you make the kick and Pitt would have gotten the ball back with over a minute left which is plenty of time.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:43 PM)
Because there is no guarantee you make the kick and Pitt would have gotten the ball back with over a minute left which is plenty of time.

Which is no worse than the fumble/pick you risk by running plays...difference being, by kneeling, they're out of TOs

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:39 PM)
Yep. They must protect and rave about a complete piece of s*** in Ben Roethlisberger and they despise Burfict (who is probably also a piece of s*** off the field but still). Them questioning the legality of his hit on Roethlisberger but defending the clearly illegal hit by Shazier was infuriating.

That is why they talk about him that way. Obvious shot to the head.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
That is why they talk about him that way. Obvious shot to the head.

Here's the thing. The play I was talking about before was clearly clean and wasn't close to being an illegal hit. That one was a clearly dirty play. It isn't hard to distinguish between the 2.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 11:54 PM)
That penalty on Jones was a joke. Get Porter away from the opposition. Can both teams be eliminated

About as dirty of a game as you will ever see. And I still can't believe the announcers defended that Shazier hit. That was the dirtiest play (Burfict one at the end was close) in a game filled with dirty plays.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
Here's the thing. The play I was talking about before was clearly clean and wasn't close to being an illegal hit. That one was a clearly dirty play. It isn't hard to distinguish between the 2.

I agree. Im just saying his history, not just this game is the reason people talk about him that way. The hit on Ben wasn't dirty today.