2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god Rodney Harrison is a moron. He just said the difference in the game was that Russell Wilson was able to make the big plays and Bridgewater wasn't. Wilson made one good play the whole game basically and Bridgewater marched his team down for a 27 yard field goal attempt which NFL kickers make well over 95% of the time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
The 3 games have been pretty damn boring but two unbelievable endings. That last kick seemed to be more on the holder than the kicker but no one will care.

No way. That is a 27 yard field goal that he hooked incredibly badly and he made an earlier kick with the laces in.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
No way. That is a 27 yard field goal that he hooked incredibly badly and he made an earlier kick with the laces in.

I saw something on Twitter that the ball seemed to be tilted to the left too, but yeah, you are right. He missed it so badly, it wasn't even close.

As soon as the Packers get eliminated (maybe not today), I expect an announcement about an Aaron Rodgers injury and surgery, post Stanley Cup style. Dude does not look right. I know his line sucks, but it hasn't bothered him that much in the past.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)
As soon as the Packers get eliminated (maybe not today), I expect an announcement about an Aaron Rodgers injury and surgery, post Stanley Cup style. Dude does not look right. I know his line sucks, but it hasn't bothered him that much in the past.

Missing Nelson hurts too. Cobb isn't a #1.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
Mine will probably be horrible too, but my MLB predictions were almost perfect so I'll give it a shot.

Wild Card:

HOU over KC

CIN over PIT

SEA over MIN

GB over WAS

yikes...

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
Washington is going to beat Green Bay by double digits. Packers are really awful right now.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 4, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
Packers always find a way, I've learned.

"Relax." -Aaron Rodgers

;)

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2016 -> 07:20 PM)
First time ever. The new eight division setup helped make it happen with two 9 win teams hosting double digit winners. That and two epic meltdowns.

Truth. In reality, neither Houston nor Washington had any business being home teams after "winning" their awful divisions.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/nfl-tv-rat...f-local-markets

Despite Donald Trump calling the NFL "soft" and the movie Concussion, not going anywhere soon...pretty incredible set of ratings facts and figures for the NFL broadcasts.

PS: There was a good idea about MLB moving at least one of their weekend World Series or Championship Series games to that 4 p.m. EST start, especially on a Sunday.

Also, Mike Carey is flat out wrong about that hit not being a penalty (least surprising news ever).

NFL rulebook provides that:

It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul.

NFL needs to adopt the college rule on hits with/to the head. Get rid of the disclaimer about incidental contact. Also make it reviewable. It sucks that they can replay review the fumble but not the illegal hit that caused it.