2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
I can't believe the Cardinals brought pressure on that play. I don't care if you're in dime or quarter. You have to play prevent there. There clearly weren't enough DBs back to cover that pass.

Two guys were there and lost the jump ball and Rodgers got rid of it early. I don't fault the call, I fault the dbs for not taking the ball like a mother. You cannot allow a WR to get that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:33 PM)
Two guys were there and lost the jump ball and Rodgers got rid of it early. I don't fault the call, I fault the dbs for not taking the ball like a mother. You cannot allow a WR to get that.

There should be 3-4 guys swarming the receiver in that situation. Instead, there were only 2.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
That is pathetic by the Packers D after you tie it up on the hail mary.

To be fair, they almost got to Palmer. The play more or less broke down since all the receivers were so far down the field along with the DBs. Palmer did an incredible job of extending the play.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
So where does this rank among the greatest playoff games of all time? I know that most of this game wasn't all that interesting, but the last 2 minutes and OT were absolutely insane.

I loved it from start to finish. Hard fought

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
So where does this rank among the greatest playoff games of all time? I know that most of this game wasn't all that interesting, but the last 2 minutes and OT were absolutely insane.

It ranks right up there with last Green Bay vs Arizona playoff game, that was just as crazy.

So, one of the rules of QB play is that you never throw across your body to the opposite side of the field, right? Isn't that what analysts say every time a QB throws an INT on a play like Palmer to Fitzgerald in OT?

Oh, it was successful? Great play then!

I always laugh at the inconsistency of the criticism by analysts. Successful result = good play. Unsuccessful result = bad play.

Great ending.

I'm a Bears fan. Respect/don't hate the Packers. I find it really hard to root against Rodgers, but I'm glad the Packers lost.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
So, one of the rules of QB play is that you never throw across your body to the opposite side of the field, right? Isn't that what analysts say every time a QB throws an INT on a play like Palmer to Fitzgerald in OT?

I always laugh at the inconsistency of the criticism by analysts. Successful result = good play. Unsuccessful result = bad play.

Great ending.

I'm a Bears fan. Respect/don't hate the Packers. I find it really hard to root against Rodgers, but I'm glad the Packers lost.

From the first word to the last, I 100% agree. Rodgers might be my favorite NFL player and I love the Bears

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)

Great ending.

Well I think it's ok when there's literally no one else on that side of the field.

Edit: are you talking about the Palmer throw or Rodgers' throw?

Edited by chw42

I truly believes that if Rodgers got to play with more skilled players, he would have won multiple SB's. The best receiver he's played with is probably Jordy Nelson, and best running back would be Lacy or Ryan Grant, and he never really had a pass catching tight end (it's partly the system he plays in), but gosh, that isn't an impressive list at all.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 16, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
I truly believes that if Rodgers got to play with more skilled players, he would have won multiple SB's. The best receiver he's played with is probably Jordy Nelson, and best running back would be Lacy or Ryan Grant, and he never really had a pass catching tight end (it's partly the system he plays in), but gosh, that isn't an impressive list at all.

Jermichael Finley?