2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
It probably depends on how some of the younger QB's in the league develop.

Derek Carr

Teddy Bridgewater

Blake Bortles

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Two or three of these guys need to take the next step.

Oh boy, the QB position is doomed!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:24 AM)
Something about threatening to kill children?

Chicago Bears lineman Jeremiah Ratliff went berserk the day before he was cut from the team -- saying, "I am the devil" and telling staffers he wanted their kids to die ... this according to the police report.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/30/jeremiah-rat...kids-would-die/

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
Crazy how different the league looks this year. 2 years ago I thought this may be the best crop of qbs at once we've ever had.

Now, with Brees, Manning, Romo out or playing like garbage, and QBs like Kaepernick RGIII busting and not many truly stepping up as elite aside from Luck, and suddenly this looks like 10 years ago.

All of the offenses have been influenced by great QBs, I wonder how it changes if the talent doesn't turn around.

Is Luck even really elite?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)
I have a hard time seeing any of those as something more than Andy Dalton.

Mariota with the right coach maybe.

I think Carr has the best chance to be one of the better in the league.

Although I'm not sure comparing a QB to Dalton is a bad thing. He is completing almost 68% of his passes and is on pace to throw 32 touchdowns and 5 int.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
It probably depends on how some of the younger QB's in the league develop.

Derek Carr

Teddy Bridgewater

Blake Bortles

Jameis Winston

Marcus Mariota

Two or three of these guys need to take the next step.

I could see Carr being the best out of this group.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:26 AM)
Is Luck even really elite?

Yes. He's been great every year besides this year. Injuries, an incredibly bad OL, and a coach that's going to get fired doesn't mix well.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:29 AM)
I think Carr has the best chance to be one of the better in the league.

Although I'm not sure comparing a QB to Dalton is a bad thing. He is completing almost 68% of his passes and is on pace to throw 32 touchdowns and 5 int.

I really don't mean it as an insult, but he's definitely not manning/brady/rodgers/brees territory where the QB is the team. Half that equation is now lost and only Luck looks close.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
This should pretty much end any chance of Ratliff hooking up with another team

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...1030-story.html

It's the NFL, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe not this season, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing again next year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
It's the NFL, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Maybe not this season, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing again next year.

Wishing death to staff's children? Considering even Jerry Jones let him go, he's done.

The fact that he can get this crazy and owns guns, who is to say he doesn't kill half your team if he's drinking or something else or just is having a bad day?

Edited by Dick Allen

I think there is a couple of factors that will keep him out of the NFL from now on. Mostly, he has been injured and suspended for a large portion of the last 4 years. When you add that he has had two extremely big blowups with two different teams, seems to have substance abuse issues(alcohol most likely), and he is 34 years old, it is very likely no team will give him another chance.

You also have to consider that after he pleaded guilty to the DUI and served his suspension this season, he was entered into the NFL Substance abuse program. If he ever gets another chance, he is probably subject to another suspension from what happened.