2015-2016 NFL Thread

What team would trade for Manziel? He is trouble off the field and pretty awful on the field. I think the Browns should just admit that they made a typical Browns move in drafting him and just cut him.

Browns will most likely do the wrong thing.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
What team would trade for Manziel? He is trouble off the field and pretty awful on the field. I think the Browns should just admit that they made a typical Browns move in drafting him and just cut him.

Dallas Cowboys

Jerry Jones has a serious hard on for him

Jerry Jones would absolutely give them a mid-late round pick for him.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 08:31 AM)
Sounds like Martellus Bennett will be gone after this season.

I think they can get a 6th or 7th rounder for him in the offseason. If not, they'll just cut him and move on. Some decent free agent TE's available.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
The Bears are gonna have a ton of cap space, right? I'm really excited for the offseason. Von Miller could be a target.

He'll get tagged at the very least. Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe are likely players I could see the Bears going after.

I would really like to see Danny Trevathan signed. Probably a guard also, whichever one Baltimore chooses not to keep. Possibly jump in on a CB who isn't Josh Norman or Sean Smith.

Other than that, find the 5 technique and OLB via the draft and lock up Jeffery. Maintain cap flexibility going forward to keep the budding core in tact and use cap space in 2017 as a contingency for any moves that may go awry.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
I would really like to see Danny Trevathan signed. Probably a guard also, whichever one Baltimore chooses not to keep. Possibly jump in on a CB who isn't Josh Norman or Sean Smith.

Other than that, find the 5 technique and OLB via the draft and lock up Jeffery. Maintain cap flexibility going forward to keep the budding core in tact and use cap space in 2017 as a contingency for any moves that may go awry.

I would prefer they go after a tackle and move Long back to guard. I don't think he's been terrible there, but he's not a pro bowl tackle like he is at guard.

I do really like Trevathon, and Derrick Wolfe like another poster brought up.

I'm less concerned about the CB position after the last 5-6 weeks. Porter being injury prone is the only thing that has me a little worried. I think you bring him back though, he's been a borderline pro bowler this year. Fuller has looked much better and looks to have turned the corner. Need to see more of Callahan, but he looked pretty damn good in that GB game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
And Miller is the pass catching TE who has pretty much taken away Bennetts targets

And Martellus Bennett is essentially both. Not many TEs in the game who can block and catch. With that said, it seems the game favors more of the pass catching TE. Just don't know if the Bears should trust a guy whose been injury prone his whole career (Miller) prior to this season even with the money saved. We'll see what Pace does this offseason though, but Bennett is probably gone.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
And Miller is the pass catching TE who has pretty much taken away Bennetts targets

The Bears will not go into next season with Zach Miller and Khari Lee as their top 2 TE's. I think they'll sign a TE in free agency (they aren't expensive) and re-sign Miller. Khari is a TE3. Which is fine.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
And Martellus Bennett is essentially both. Not many TEs in the game who can block and catch. With that said, it seems the game favors more of the pass catching TE. Just don't know if the Bears should trust a guy whose been injury prone his whole career (Miller) prior to this season even with the money saved. We'll see what Pace does this offseason though, but Bennett is probably gone.

Yeah. I don't know the extent of Bennett's off the field issues, but he is an elite TE. He can block and catch passes and at times is a total monster when it comes to receiving. The idea that we should be thinking about cutting him is proposterous to me. He should be traded (if we want to go the alternative). Or we should work out an extension. I also give credit to the way Fox has handled this issue.

Bennett has been a warrior for the Bears and other then this past week has played through a ton of injuries, etc. That said, if he truly is Bmarsh in the locker, then I would agree it is time to go this off-season.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 11:42 AM)
The only thing I do not like about Bennett is he seems to never get any YAC

He's 9th among TEs this year in YAC. Was 3rd last year.

I would hate to see him go, but this organization seems to have a no nonsense philosophy so he probably is indeed a goner.

I agree with others in that I'm not sure you can count on Miller/Lee. I like the idea of Dwayne Allen, or maybe a guy like Clay Harbor for cheap as an insurance policy for Miller.

Edited by scs787