2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Gould sucks. Weeks ago I said they should trade him (when he was 17/17) and I was told how dumb I am.

The mere fact that you suggested anyone trade for a kicker shows how disconnected from reality you are.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
Who trades for a kicker

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Lol, this

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
The mere fact that you suggested anyone trade for a kicker shows how disconnected from reality you are.

The best parts about these posts is not only are you all wrong as Pittsburgh gave up a 5th for Josh Scobee before the year, but the point originally was Gould wasn't good anymore and I was told he was because he made like 6 big field goals over the last few years. Wow, it's like a kicker making $4.1 million should make big kicks. Unreal!

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
The best parts about these posts is not only are you all wrong as Pittsburgh gave up a 5th for Josh Scobee before the year, but the point originally was Gould wasn't good anymore and I was told he was because he made like 6 big field goals over the last few years. Wow, it's like a kicker making $4.1 million should make big kicks. Unreal!

It happens very rarely, and iirc Pittsburgh had a crazy kicking issue when they finally did it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
It happens very rarely, and iirc Pittsburgh had a crazy kicking issue when they finally did it

Teams can find kickers anywhere. Pittsburgh ended up cutting Scobee and finding someone off of Houston's PS who has been good. The Bears need to look elsewhere now, too. Gould was working construction when they signed him. It's apparent that he doesn't have it anymore so whether that's trading him or cutting him, it's time to find someone else. He has played a major role in pissing away chances of making the playoffs.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
Teams can find kickers anywhere. Gould was working construction when they signed him. It's apparent that he doesn't have it anymore so whether that's trading him or cutting him, it's time to find someone else. He has played a major role in pissing away chances of making the playoffs.

This would seem to undercut your own argument about the possibility of trading him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
You don't know the Chicago Media very well.

I listen to the score interviews on podcast, and I don't think I heard anyone (host or Bears analysts) criticize him last week after missing two chip shots. I used to listen to ESPN 1000 full show podcasts daily, and Jeff Dickerson was on the Bears' beat, and he has a man crush on RG. So, like I said, I doubt they'll be too hard on him.

But, it could be that I don't know the Chicago media very well.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Wait....the bears had first down in Washington territory and the clock was no longer a factor. They ran once and the threw two stupid deep passes.

To me it is one of gase or cutler there.

Gase cemented his OC spot for next year with the last two games.

Shea Mclellain is terrible.

The play calling could have been better, but let's not kid ourselves. This one is on Gould. We were in position to tie and he failed.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)
I listen to the score interviews on podcast, and I don't think I heard anyone (host or Bears analysts) criticize him last week after missing two chip shots. I used to listen to ESPN 1000 full show podcasts daily, and Jeff Dickerson was on the Bears' beat, and he has a man crush on RG. So, like I said, I doubt they'll be too hard on him.

Boers hammered Gould all week.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)

Both major newspapers had pictures of Robbie on the cover of last Monday's paper with headlines like "Fool's Gould".

They might be softer on him than they would an unknown inexperienced kicker, but they definitely called him out on it.