2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
So Blake bottles had a hell of a year. Jax may be really good next year.

He's been good but he's had a much better fantasy year than real year. A lot of his numbers are inflated due to game situations and he's still made a lot of bone headed plays. That said, he has improved throughout the season and that offense has a lot of weapons now. They need help on the O-line but they could be a playoff team next season

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
If you are depending on your quarterback to hit 60 yard hail marys to defeat a 2-7 team, you don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Sure don't. If the Packers keep playing that way, it's going to be a short playoff run.

Or losing to that same Lions team at home or losing to the Bears at home for that matter. Mason Crosby missed a couple field goals in those games. He is the main reason the Packers lost. Nothing else.

Edited by GoSox05

I'm fine with this season. Next year everyone will say "man the bears performed poorly in one score games, they should see a regression", and they are probably right! The real issue to clean up next year, assuming kicker returns to normal, is penalties. Upgrading at guard seems like it should kill two birds with one stone there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
The Bears are extremely short on talent, they couldve squeaked into the playoffs this year but we need a really good draft.

That is what blows my mind. This team is close to a playoff team, with a ton of garbage on the roster. Make some hits in free agency and the draft, plus have White here next year, and you could have something.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
The play calling could have been better, but let's not kid ourselves. This one is on Gould. We were in position to tie and he failed.

Okay I realize part of this is cause he missed the easy ones a week before. But 50 yards in those conditions is no gimme. I really don't understand what the hell we were doing with the playcalling, etc. That said, our oline played like ass. I didn't even know how Jay was walking after that first half.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:23 AM)
I'm fine with this season. Next year everyone will say "man the bears performed poorly in one score games, they should see a regression", and they are probably right! The real issue to clean up next year, assuming kicker returns to normal, is penalties. Upgrading at guard seems like it should kill two birds with one stone there.

Yeah - Gould is an issue that will get addressed. Either we'll see him correct / clean-up his mechanics or we won't and they'll make changes. The penalties and poor oline play (that sack leading to a fumble in first half was brutal and it wasn't the only lets get Jay killed moment by the oline). You realize our play calling has masked what is still a really horrific unit.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)
And we're making that hard on ourselves with our upcoming 7-9ish finish

Granted they won't get a top 10 pick with that record, but in the NFL draft you have to hit on a majority of your 1st-7th to have a great draft and build a quality roster. Even with a 10-20 pick, in first round, a capable front office should still be able to have a quality draft.

EDITED: added "majority" nobody hits on all their draft picks!!

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
Okay I realize part of this is cause he missed the easy ones a week before. But 50 yards in those conditions is no gimme. I really don't understand what the hell we were doing with the playcalling, etc. That said, our oline played like ass. I didn't even know how Jay was walking after that first half.

So the wind was at his back, which is why people are even harder on him.

That said, in 3 years, bears would probably be in the playoffs 2/3 if gould could make his kicks when it counted.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
So the wind was at his back, which is why people are even harder on him.

That said, in 3 years, bears would probably be in the playoffs 2/3 if gould could make his kicks when it counted.

Thank you! I was tired of hearing how accurate he is. It seems like he misses in game-winning situations almost every time. I've thought that well before these last 2 weeks and this just cemented it.

I've been pondering this for a bit and was wondering what other people thought

Eddie Goldman has looked the part of a pass rusher since becoming a starter.

The Bears run defense has again looked pretty bad.

We always talk about the Bears needing a 5 tech who can get after the QB.

What are you're thoughts on moving Goldman outside and going after Damon Harrison to help with the run defense? I've read that the Jets will be moving on in favor of resigning/franchising Wilkerson.

Perhaps you can still go out and grab a 3rd starter on the line in the draft or in FA(Derek Wolfe?), but I think between Sutton and Ego you might already have that 3rd guy.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)

What are you're thoughts on moving Goldman outside and going after Damon Harrison to help with the run defense? I've read that the Jets will be moving on in favor of resigning/franchising Wilkerson.

Perhaps you can still go out and grab a 3rd starter on the line in the draft or in FA(Derek Wolfe?), but I think between Sutton and Ego you might already have that 3rd guy.

Until the Bears get inside linebackers that know how to read and react in the middle, the defensive line is irrelevant. The middle of the field from the LOS and 15 yards downfield is easy money.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
Until the Bears get inside linebackers that know how to read and react in the middle, the defensive line is irrelevant. The middle of the field from the LOS and 15 yards downfield is easy money.

Obviously that's also a need.

With the baseball offseason here and the Bears pretty much done I'm in offseason mode. Bears will have boatlods of money and think they make a splash. Harrison and Travathon are my guys.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)

The bears run defense really wasnt that bad yesterday, the Redskins averaged 3 YPCto the Bears 4 YPC. Shea, Anderson, and Jones were f***ing terrible yesterday and every large play went right at them

Goldman was drafted to be the man in the middle and he was an absolute beast yesterday, i dont think the Bears are going to change that.