2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 06:22 AM)
I completely understand them being upset too, but the city did take the Rams away from LA initially.

Well their is a lot of history behind that. The Rams were the story franchise until the husband passed away and the corrupt / terrible wife took over. At the same time, they were moving from LA to Anaheim (to try and address blackout limitations as it was nearly impossible to sell out the Coliseum at its 90+K capacity). Rams were in Anaheim and did fine, however, when the league brought the Raiders to LA in the early 80's, it splintered the fan base as the Rams were no longer an LA team when you had a different LA team there. I don't know enough about what the Rams tried to do prior to moving to Anaheim, but they were an extremely popular franchise that was absolutely decimated by their despicable owner. Kroenke eventually entered the picture and I personally am excited for the decision that was made (although I'm not a Rams fan).

People around the office were pretty excited today.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 10:48 AM)
Well their is a lot of history behind that. The Rams were the story franchise until the husband passed away and the corrupt / terrible wife took over. At the same time, they were moving from LA to Anaheim (to try and address blackout limitations as it was nearly impossible to sell out the Coliseum at its 90+K capacity). Rams were in Anaheim and did fine, however, when the league brought the Raiders to LA in the early 80's, it splintered the fan base as the Rams were no longer an LA team when you had a different LA team there. I don't know enough about what the Rams tried to do prior to moving to Anaheim, but they were an extremely popular franchise that was absolutely decimated by their despicable owner. Kroenke eventually entered the picture and I personally am excited for the decision that was made (although I'm not a Rams fan).

People around the office were pretty excited today.

Its actually cool to hear that people are excited about it there. I look forward to catching a Bears at Rams game now.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
How about they move the Jags. Jacksonville is a bloody awful place to have a football team.

I bet the Jags end up in London. They already play one game a year there and Khan also owns a Premier League team in London as well.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
If only the Thunder moved back to Seattle...

:cheers

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
You can add "when healthy" to any player with an injury history. What's your point? There's no way Dallas takes both RGIII and Manziel.

No, you can't add it like you can add it to Romo. The guy can't stay healthy, he has broken his collarbone multiple times and has a bad back. If Manziel and RG3 end up in Dallas, there is good odds you will see one them play a lot

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 08:11 AM)
I dont know what is funnier, a movie that isnt doing well at the box office affecting playoff ratings or the idea of playing a 4pm World Series game on a Sunday.

Obviously, the long term repercussions of having 35% of mothers forbid their kids playing...over time. If anyone looked at the article, mostly it was about regular season NFL ratings, btw.

As far as the World Series tv ratings go, can it really be that difficult to think outside of the box?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
I bet the Jags end up in London. They already play one game a year there and Khan also owns a Premier League team in London as well.

Kroenke is the majority share holder for Arsenal and he wasn't trying to move the Rams to London...

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
Kroenke is the majority share holder for Arsenal and he wasn't trying to move the Rams to London...

Regardless, the logistics of a team in London are a complete mess. I can't imagine the Jags moving there.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 10:42 AM)
Is that for sure? I can't believe that new GM Jon Robinson would go with Mularkey. I thought Josh McDaniels would follow him to Tennessee

Not for sure, lseems to be headed there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
Chip to 9ers. Perfect marriage, a coach that doesn't care about his players joins an organization that doesn't care about their coaches.

NFL is a better place with Chip Kelly in it though. He doesn't have perrsonnel power which should help. That dude went 26-21 with Foles, Sanchez, Vick, Bradford, and Barkley as his QBs