2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
So they'd be interested in a guy that won't hit the market if he hits the market? Fantastic. Jeffery is getting the franchise tag.

I know. I just saw the article.

The Bears will franchise him because of his talent, but he's really been lacking recently.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 10:22 AM)
I know. I just saw the article.

The Bears will franchise him because of his talent, but he's really been lacking recently.

Lacking what? He had one outlier season, last season(which was unfortunate for him). And when he was able to play, he mattered, a LOT.

They need to sign him, not f*** around with the franchise tag

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)

That is great, but the Bears will use the franchise tag so that means worse case, Jeffrey has 2 more years until Lions can get him (or best case depending on whose shoes you are in). Reality with the franchise tag in play, Jeffrey isn't going anywhere (unless someone wants to make a significant trade offer).

Sucks Megatron is retiring (from a selfish perspective that he was so fun to watch, that said, he's accomplished a ton and he's gotten beat up the past few years, so if he's ready, I wish him the best and I'll be glad not to see him go up against our non-peanut db's). In his prime, he was the most impressive wideout I ever saw.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
Lacking what? He had one outlier season, last season(which was unfortunate for him). And when he was able to play, he mattered, a LOT.

They need to sign him, not f*** around with the franchise tag

Yeah I get so tired of the Jeffrey schtick. He was so dominating when he was on the field and this was the only season where he had any issues missing games. s*** happens but when he was out there, you saw how good he was. Over a full season, he would have had a career high in receiving yards.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
That is great, but the Bears will use the franchise tag so that means worse case, Jeffrey has 2 more years until Lions can get him (or best case depending on whose shoes you are in). Reality with the franchise tag in play, Jeffrey isn't going anywhere (unless someone wants to make a significant trade offer).

Sucks Megatron is retiring (from a selfish perspective that he was so fun to watch, that said, he's accomplished a ton and he's gotten beat up the past few years, so if he's ready, I wish him the best and I'll be glad not to see him go up against our non-peanut db's). In his prime, he was the most impressive wideout I ever saw.

I think Moss was better.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
I think Moss was better.

Moss was the other guy who even came close in my opinion. I felt like Megatron was more dominant, that said, I underrate Moss to 2nd because I felt like he relied so much on his pure speed vs. Megatron who was just a total monster. Reality is they both had similar chuck the s*** out of the ball QB's to deal with (Daunte & Stafford are pretty similar). I can't argue Moss (as I gave it a lot of thought but than just think of how Calvin was both fast and physical).

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 12:41 PM)
Bears interviewed Dan Vitale at the Senior Bowl. As a Wildcat fan I would absolutely love to see him brought in. He's been my favorite player these last 4 years. Love the role he played and would love to see that "Superback" role brought into the Bears offense.

What position does he play? H-Back/TE?

Superback is essentially an H-Back. He played all over. Full back, inline, outside.

He's got great hands and knows how to find the soft spot. Solid blocker as well.

Here's tape from the Duke game. Gives you a better idea of how he was used vs just those highlights.

Not his best game numbers wise, but you can see in the other video that he is certainly capable of being a threat.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Justin Tuck retires. 11 seasons, 2x Super Bowl champion.

They showed the way to stop Brady and the Patriots. Pressure the QB with only your D line and not having to blitz.

Then again, that's the key to all defense.