2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel pretty strongly that if our offense could have controlled clock better our defense would have improved. You aren't getting day 1 starters in the fourth anyway

QUOTE (bmags @ May 2, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
I feel pretty strongly that if our offense could have controlled clock better our defense would have improved. You aren't getting day 1 starters in the fourth anyway

I think assuming you cant find day 1 starters in the mid to later rounds is a mistake and is something that has hurt the Bears for a while (Yes I know its a new regime picking) Langford is gonna come in and compete with 2 other guys to be the backup running back. Drafting a corner or safety at least gives you the potential to get an impact usable player. Even if we lose Forte after this season its not like this guy is gonna be the starter, Im sure theyll bring in someone new regardless, just seems like a waste.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 2, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
I think assuming you cant find day 1 starters in the mid to later rounds is a mistake and is something that has hurt the Bears for a while (Yes I know its a new regime picking) Langford is gonna come in and compete with 2 other guys to be the backup running back. Drafting a corner or safety at least gives you the potential to get an impact usable player. Even if we lose Forte after this season its not like this guy is gonna be the starter, Im sure theyll bring in someone new regardless, just seems like a waste.

I want the GM to always pick players they think can be a starter in their contract over "oh we had a bad defense we better grab 6 D players!!! Draft the right players. Drafting a bad defensive player in the fourth doesn't help you more than drafting a bad offensive player. Drafting a good offensive player over a bad defensive player helps you more obviously. So assuming they had conviction that this is a guy that will be a part of their offense ( and the fact that he is a good blocker helps there), then I don't that we didn't "load up on d". That kind of talk always assumes you are picking between two equally Talented players and we know that isn't the case.

If Pace can't identify talent it won't matter what positions we are picking.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2015 -> 12:25 PM)
I don't see that he is a reach, ESPN has him ranked 97 and they got him with the 106th pick.

Whether you think the Bears needed to draft a RB is another argument

I think he's better than Bell so it's a good pick.

Bears selected Penn State DB Adrian Amos with the No. 142 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Amos (6'1/218) played the boundary, slot, and safety for the Nittany Lions, starting 38 games and compiling 9.0 career TFLs, three sacks, and seven interceptions. He wasn't beaten for a single touchdown pass as a senior. Amos ran 4.56 at the Combine, but showed short-area quicks with a 4.03 short shuttle. Amos improved his forty to 4.39 at the PSU Pro Day and has extensive special teams experience. Amos is a bit of a tweener defensive back, but his versatility should get him on the field early.

Not a fan of day 3

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
Bears selected Penn State DB Adrian Amos with the No. 142 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

Amos (6'1/218) played the boundary, slot, and safety for the Nittany Lions, starting 38 games and compiling 9.0 career TFLs, three sacks, and seven interceptions. He wasn't beaten for a single touchdown pass as a senior. Amos ran 4.56 at the Combine, but showed short-area quicks with a 4.03 short shuttle. Amos improved his forty to 4.39 at the PSU Pro Day and has extensive special teams experience. Amos is a bit of a tweener defensive back, but his versatility should get him on the field early.

Not a fan of day 3

We are all very surprised at this

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Good for you KY

Amos is athletic as hell. He's a 5th round pick at a need position. He's a former CB who's still learning how to be a FS. At the worst, he's a good ST player. If you're really watching this hoping they find the next Sherman and Brady, you're asking too much.

I like Langford, just didn't see the need.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fangio and Donatell do the same thing they did with Jimmie Ward to Amos, and that's make him a nickel CB. He was really good in coverage. Not sure if the link will work because Im apparently bad at tableting but here's a good little write up on Amos.....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...g-to-work-with/

Says he lined up over the slot a lot and QBs had just a 13.0 NFL passer rating throwing his way.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 2, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)

I wouldn't be surprised if Fangio and Donatell do the same thing they did with Jimmie Ward to Amos, and that's make him a nickel CB. He was really good in coverage. Not sure if the link will work because Im apparently bad at tableting but here's a good little write up on Amos.....

Says he lined up over the slot a lot and QBs had just a 13.0 NFL passer rating throwing his way.

Good point on Ward. Amos looks dynamite in coverage.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 2, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)

Good stuff. Thanks for the link. I didn't know much about Amos at all, so I'm still trying to get a feel for him. For a 5th round pick, I can't complain.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 2, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)
Best Buckeye in the draft still not picked. Crazy.

Isn't Bennett kind of small for his position? Like Michael Sam?

As a Chiefs fan, I probably hated their draft this year more than any other year. They took a gamble in round 1 (which has super upside potential, but gamble still), reached for a C in 2nd round, took a super raw WR in RD3 who will barely play this year and went for another CB with second 3rd round pick despite still needing help elsewhere. Frustrating to see your team be close to being able to be seriously competitive and they completely f*** up their draft.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 4, 2015 -> 07:44 AM)
Isn't Bennett kind of small for his position? Like Michael Sam?

As a Chiefs fan, I probably hated their draft this year more than any other year. They took a gamble in round 1 (which has super upside potential, but gamble still), reached for a C in 2nd round, took a super raw WR in RD3 who will barely play this year and went for another CB with second 3rd round pick despite still needing help elsewhere. Frustrating to see your team be close to being able to be seriously competitive and they completely f*** up their draft.

I actually like the Chiefs draft. Marcus Peters is the best DB in the draft. Kid is an absolute stud.

I am done with predicting what the Bears will do in the draft. I thought they would find a way to get a pick or two more than they had...they didnt do that. I thought they would go heavy on defense...they didnt do that. I thought they would get one of the edge rushers in a draft that was heavy on talent at edge rusher...they didnt do that.

I think Bears best chance to gather more picks was in the 4th round, as there was a flurry of trades to move up...but on the other hand it seemed to stop after the first 4 picks had movement.