2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
Would love him assuming all of the investigation stuff comes out clean. Bears have a huge needs on the line. Depending on Slauson's productiveness, you could always use this as the opportunity to move Long to tackle.

But Bears need talent all over and adding a first-round caliber guard like Collins would be amazing.

Collins would play OT in Chicago. Leave Long at OG.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether we were frugal, that may give us a $10-$15k advantage. This guy will go to wherever he can start right away and parlay it into a deal. If I were him (assuming he is not the scum of the earth who murdered his pregnant girlfriend), I'd already plan on holding out after year 1.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Regardless of whether we were frugal, that may give us a $10-$15k advantage. This guy will go to wherever he can start right away and parlay it into a deal. If I were him (assuming he is not the scum of the earth who murdered his pregnant girlfriend), I'd already plan on holding out after year 1.

If I'm reading it correctly, UDFAs can't redo their contracts until after year 2.

But ya, being frugal could be irrelevant. There's a cap on individual UDFA signings, so as long as teams saved enough money for 1 more UDFA it's all an even playing field. Playing time right away obviously is in favor of the Bears, but I'm sure there are other teams with holes on their line with money left as well.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
If I'm reading it correctly, UDFAs can't redo their contracts until after year 2.

But ya, being frugal could be irrelevant. There's a cap on individual UDFA signings, so as long as teams saved enough money for 1 more UDFA it's all an even playing field. Playing time right away obviously is in favor of the Bears, but I'm sure there are other teams with holes on their line with money left as well.

Saints for one.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
The Bears claimed Broncos OT Paul Cornick off waivers yesterday. Underrated addition. Probably the 2nd best OT currently on the Bears roster.

I read pretty great run mauler maybe not good in pass protection. But glad to have legit competition for Mills, and will leave Ola as good backup.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
I read pretty great run mauler maybe not good in pass protection. But glad to have legit competition for Mills, and will leave Ola as good backup.

Yep. Cornick isn't great by any means but neither is any RT option that the Bears have.

Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 36m36 minutes ago

#BREAKING

Bears agreed to terms with WR Kevin White on a four-year contract with a fifth-year option and DL Eddie Goldman on a 4-year deal

#Bears have now agreed to terms with five of their six 2015 Draft picks

Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 39m39 minutes ago

#Breaking

NEW YORK (AP) — NFL finds it probable that Patriots deliberately deflated balls, Brady 'generally aware'

Translation: We know they did it, but we don't have the balls to punish them for it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 39m39 minutes ago

#Breaking

NEW YORK (AP) — NFL finds it probable that Patriots deliberately deflated balls, Brady 'generally aware'

Of course he was, he's the freaking quarterback. Good timing to release this immediately AFTER the draft.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 6, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
Of course he was, he's the freaking quarterback. Good timing to release this immediately AFTER the draft.

Brady will get slap on the wrist from Uncle Roger.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
I really don't see the big deal about this. I feel the Patriots cover up was worse than the actual crime.

I can't believe that it's such a huge story. Every QB does it. I've seen it done in HS games every Friday.

La'el Collins is signing with the Cowboys. They are going to be awesome. They could slide him in at LG or start him at RT over Doug Free. The Cowboys essentially just added 3 first round talents in this year's draft with Collins, Randy Gregory, and UConn CB/S Byron Jones.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:37 AM)
At least there is one positive to the Bears suckiness. Two years ago my seats were in the next to last row, I've been able to move 12 rows closer since then. Movin' on up!

How did you do that? Do you have to request it?

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
How did you do that? Do you have to request it?

Late April right after the payment deadline, we have been receiving an e-mail from the Bears with the opportunity to relocate our seats at a given date and time. Our seats are non-PSL, which probably matters. My friends in the same section have been getting the same e-mail too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
Late April right after the payment deadline, we have been receiving an e-mail from the Bears with the opportunity to relocate our seats at a given date and time. Our seats are non-PSL, which probably matters. My friends in the same section have been getting the same e-mail too.

Maybe it is the non-PSL because I've never received one of those.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
Maybe it is the non-PSL because I've never received one of those.

Yeah, I looked back at the e-mail, the subject line says "2015 non-PSL seat Relocation Opportunity"