2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:

Pretty harsh. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a Pats fan. But it's good to see the Pats suffer a bit for all the crap they've pulled under Belichick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
Chris De Luca ‏@ChrisDeLuca 22m22 minutes ago

#Bears sign QB Pat Devlin to 1-year deal & DT Terry Williams,LB Kyle Woestmann to 3-yr deals, waive LB Khaseem Greene and cut LB Austen Lane

2 retweets 2 favorites

Yet another 4th round or under pick bites the dust.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 11, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Pretty harsh. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a Pats fan.

I'm sure seeing their team win the Super Bowl helps smooth that over a bit.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 11, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Pretty harsh. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a Pats fan. But it's good to see the Pats suffer a bit for all the crap they've pulled under Belichick.

Its not really harsh when you take into account their repeated cheating.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
Tom Brady's first game back will be against Colts

Don't bet on it, Brady will appeal and magically it will go from 4 to 2 games.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
Seems appropriately harsh to me and a dumb way to try to get an advantage.

Is Aaron Rodgers getting suspended for over inflating the balls? Many teams do this. I see it in high school games every Friday. The problem is that Goodell is just such a boob. He just makes up punishments. Instead of having a punishment ready to go as soon as the report was released, he waited to gauge public opinion and then did it. He is the head of a billion dollar company. Make a f***ing decision. That report exonerated the Patriots but then for some reason they get fined $1 million and get 2 picks taken away? It just doesn't make any sense. There is also no proof that Brady did anything. I'm sure he did but they don't have anything. Garopallo will go 1-1 in the first 2 and then Brady will lead the Patriots back to playoffs again. The 1st round pick matters much more than the suspension.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 12, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
The punishment is not for the offense it for not cooperating with the investigation. Although I am not certain why Brady should share personal information with the NFL. If the Secretary of State does not have to why should he.

I don't see why Tom Brady would give up his cell phone to the NFL. Do you really trust those idiots to keep everything private?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 12, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
The punishment is not for the offense it for not cooperating with the investigation. Although I am not certain why Brady should share personal information with the NFL. If the Secretary of State does not have to why should he.

A. That's an apples and bowling balls comparison

B. There's a CBA, it's in his contract

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:37 AM)
@AdamSchefter: Ravens national scout Joe Douglas, who has been with team for 15 years, is going to Chicago Bears as college scouting director, per source.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)
The Bears also have hired Anthony "Champ" Kelly as director of Player Personnel, he had been Asst Director of Player Personnel for the Broncos

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denv...kelly/27333393/

2 great hires. Pace doing an excellent job so far.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
2 great hires. Pace doing an excellent job so far.

I really like his hires, not sure on his player moves yet. Though of course, time will tell on those.