2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost glad it happened so I didn't have to see him on the team. A horrible horrible dog and pony show put on by every level of the team.

Edit: I am leaving this up but I feel terrible for writing it. I hope the family of this guy can find safety and peace.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 25, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
The Bears management deserve every word of criticism coming their way for signing that pos

Hope they don't make excuses. Just release him and admit the mistake.

His mom said he was a good boy. I am sure this is just another misunderstanding.

This was beyond predictable, and as much as I hear embarrasing being overused in sports, this should be really emabrrassimg to the Bears.

Pace shiuld be on notice. Fangio should be on notice, and George McCaskey needs to realize guys that beat and rape women generally don't stop as long as they have access to doing these things.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 25, 2015 -> 12:41 PM)
His mom said he was a good boy. I am sure this is just another misunderstanding. This was beyond predictable, and as much as I hear embarrasing being overused in sports, this should be really emabrrassimg to the Bears. Pace shiuld be on notice. Fangio should be on notice, and George McCaskey needs to realize guys that beat and rape women generally don't stop as long as they have access to doing these things.

Don't forget that he also spent $500 of his own money to fly and attend a job interview.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 25, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
Released. The woman he assaulted was holding a baby.

Genuinely wonder if this is one of those mistakes where someone vouched for him and that person should be fired.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
Genuinely wonder if this is one of those mistakes where someone vouched for him and that person should be fired.

Yeah the defensive coordination Vic Fangio vouched for him. When the Bears originally said no, Fangio called other teams and recommended McDonald.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 25, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Yeah the defensive coordination Vic Fangio vouched for him. When the Bears originally said no, Fangio called other teams and recommended McDonald.

I'm gonna assume he was a good teammate and solid in the locker room (Reason they traded B was mainly due to locker room issues).

If he learned from his mistakes it would have been a good signing, he didn't. Bears didn't give him gaurenteed money for that reason.

It was a chance worth taking IMO.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:57 PM)
No it was stupid to enable the pos.

I don't mind the concept of giving the guy another chance, but in the process you're supposed to do your homework. Given how rapidly this came apart you can't tell me that the team did their due diligence and have me believe it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)
I don't mind the concept of giving the guy another chance, but in the process you're supposed to do your homework. Given how rapidly this came apart you can't tell me that the team did their due diligence and have me believe it.

They publicly said that they spoke with his parents, was that not enough for you?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 25, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
They publicly said that they spoke with his parents, was that not enough for you?

Based on how it has turned out the answer has to be no, so now you ask what other mistakes went into this process and what should be the punishment. Someone stuck their neck out on the line here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:04 PM)

I know the previously us comment was tongue in cheek...But really, what due diligence? If you're cool with 2nd chances, how can you predict that 2nd chance doesn't end up the way this 2nd chance did.

I felt comfortable with the signing only because Fangio has been around him the last 4 years.

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
I felt comfortable with the signing only because Fangio has been around him the last 4 years.

Wasn't he arrested 3 times in those 4 years?

Kyle Long tweeted "Good riddance "

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 25, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
I'm gonna assume he was a good teammate and solid in the locker room (Reason they traded B was mainly due to locker room issues).

If he learned from his mistakes it would have been a good signing, he didn't. Bears didn't give him gaurenteed money for that reason.

It was a chance worth taking IMO.

If the Bears were a player or so from being a Super Bowl contender, I might agree, but this embarassment will have ramifications for years to come. I think guys with sketchy backgrounds are goimg to have a hard time getting approved by George.

Plus domestic violence, and sexual assault ia a little more serious than other things you give guys second chances.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 25, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
If the Bears were a player or so from being a Super Bowl contender, I might agree, but this embarassment will have ramifications for years to come. I think guys with sketchy backgrounds are goimg to have a hard time getting approved by George.

Plus domestic violence, and sexual assault ia a little more serious than other things you give guys second chances.

FWIW, IMO that *Sexual assault" case sounded ridiculous to me. I haven't done my "due dilegence" on the other case.

I really don't see this as an embarrassment, but I guess that's me. He got a non guaranteed contract.

Really the Bears were lucky this didn't happen later on down the line. Which it eventually would have considering he has clear issues but its like he never was a part of this team at this point and most people will forget they even signed him as time passes.

The most annoying thing about this to me is how beat reporters, not really having access to much beyond the accusations, build tons of stories about his redemption.

How soon after he was signed did we get 15-20 "McDonald says he's a good guy and people don't know the whole story" articles? How many stories with Fangio praising him?

I hate these stories. If you wonder why people are harder on teams signing these guys, it's because right after signing the disgusting sports PR machine goes into overdrive where we are forced to believe that their football play makes them better people, and their teammates love them so they can't be bad. And sports as redemption. The kind of treatment that the victims do not enjoy.

Now the same beat writers are talking about how terrible Mcdonald is.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 26, 2015 -> 12:13 PM)
The most annoying thing about this to me is how beat reporters, not really having access to much beyond the accusations, build tons of stories about his redemption.

How soon after he was signed did we get 15-20 "McDonald says he's a good guy and people don't know the whole story" articles? How many stories with Fangio praising him?

I hate these stories. If you wonder why people are harder on teams signing these guys, it's because right after signing the disgusting sports PR machine goes into overdrive where we are forced to believe that their football play makes them better people, and their teammates love them so they can't be bad. And sports as redemption. The kind of treatment that the victims do not enjoy.

Now the same beat writers are talking about how terrible Mcdonald is.

I still don't know why George characterized his first Domestic Violence arrest as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Wasn't this his fiancé? Where was he supposed to be, with the girl he allegedly sexually assaulted? I understand second chances, but beating women is one where he can get a second chance with a real job, not pro football player making millions.