2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ May 26, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
That's not what I'm asking. I know Fangio vouched. But again, it was so easy to avoid this.

How about to help guys like Goldman and Ego? He's been in Fangios system for 4 years. Only DLineman with more experience in his system is Justin Smith.

Easy to avoid in hindsight, yes.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
McDonald would be 31 when the season started. What was the best case scenario for him? That he has a decent year and the Bears go 8-8? I understand there are bad guys on every team, including the Bears. But I agree, this signing, although it costs the Bears no money, still makes the new regime look utterly incompetent.

Incompetent is strong. They took a chance on a guy that would be a quality starter that isn't a locker room problem. They gave him no guaranteed money and cut him as soon as there was an issue. They shouldn't be praised for cutting him but taking a flyer on a guy that knows the system who has never been charged with a crime doesn't make a staff with the best DC in football, an OC that will soon be a HC, and a proven winning HC incompetent. It just didn't work out.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 27, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
Incompetent is strong. They took a chance on a guy that would be a quality starter that isn't a locker room problem. They gave him no guaranteed money and cut him as soon as there was an issue. They shouldn't be praised for cutting him but taking a flyer on a guy that knows the system who has never been charged with a crime doesn't make a staff with the best DC in football, an OC that will soon be a HC, and a proven winning HC incompetent. It just didn't work out.

Wait, who are you referring to as the best DC in football?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Broncos Pro Bowl LT Ryan Clady tore his left ACL during practice Wednesday and is likely to miss the 2015 season, a league source told ESPN.

Didn't he miss last season with an injury too?

Let's hope Pace is learning something about how hard it can be to get a read on these things. The things a guy says and the way he acts around you may just not be very useful in figuring out if he's going to get into trouble. Might just have to rely on his history.

Prince Shembo charged with animal cruelty. (He killed his girlfriend's dog). Will be interesting to see how the NFL responds to this. Between Atlanta's prvious animal cruelty experience and Shembo's past, will be interesting how they respond as well.

Edit: Just saw the details. Disgusting.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 29, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
Prince Shembo charged with animal cruelty. (He killed his girlfriend's dog). Will be interesting to see how the NFL responds to this. Between Atlanta's prvious animal cruelty experience and Shembo's past, will be interesting how they respond as well.

Is there a dumber group of individuals than pro athletes?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 29, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)

Edit: Just saw the details. Disgusting.

Where is HickoryHuskers to defend that walking piece of filth? You aren't allowed to talk about the rape case. I was shouted down last year for that….

Where is HickoryHuskers to defend that walking piece of filth? You aren't allowed to talk about the rape case. I was shouted down last year for that….

There is no defense for killing an animal. That you think you need to bring up something else from the past in making that point says a lot more about your character than his.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2015 -> 01:07 PM)
Chris Boden ‏@CSNBoden 4h4 hours ago

#Bears sign 7-yr. vet CB Tracy Porter, who returned INT off Manning for TD in #Saints & Pace Super Bowl win. #BearsTalk

That seems like ages ago.

• 2 weeks later...

So Jason Pierre-Paul severely damaged his hand in a fireworks accident, parts of fingers and a lot of skin missing. Apparently he rented a uhaul truck and went and bought enough fireworks to fill it, and had himself a personal fireworks show that didnt go so well

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
So Jason Pierre-Paul severely damaged his hand in a fireworks accident, parts of fingers and a lot of skin missing. Apparently he rented a uhaul truck and went and bought enough fireworks to fill it, and had himself a personal fireworks show that didnt go so well

"parts of fingers and a lot of skin missing"

I think that's all rumors right now. I've heard anything from minor damage to "might lose his hand".