2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Seems like they are looking at him as a ST player first and foremost

Get in where ya fit in.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
It's crazy all the rumors about Willie Young not making the final 53.

Shows how crazy the football business side is. Sign a decent deal, have a great start, get a brutal injury and you are discarded.

Soooo many potential OLBs on the roster that I'm not really surprised. Can't carry them all.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Get in where ya fit in.

Soooo many potential OLBs on the roster that I'm not really surprised. Can't carry them all.

No I get that, but Young was probably the only defensive player who played above expectations last year. On our boring, predictable pass rush he was able to beat the tackle consistently.

Just sucks for him, but obviously great hearing Houston is rejuvenated.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
No I get that, but Young was probably the only defensive player who played above expectations last year. On our boring, predictable pass rush he was able to beat the tackle consistently.

Just sucks for him, but obviously great hearing Houston is rejuvenated.

I get what you are saying. Its like, they are going to force themselves to make room and find spots for all these other guys who were terrible at football last year and the one guy that outperformed expectations is the odd man out. I personally would try as hard as I could to find a spot that fits Young.

Guess Wells played damn near everywhere for MSSU. Should be an interesting cat to follow. Not expecting anything right out the gate but ya. Keep him around for ST and see what you got.

Sounds like a perfect JACK prospect.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015/05/pos...-wells-lbs.html

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
sightly more understandable but still incredibly dumb

I don't think the punching was justified, but I don't he was in a situation where a punch would qualify as a surprise.

At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpali’s camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets’ quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 06:36 PM)
FFS that was over $600? These are multi-thousandnaires we're talking about. (I know they are on bloody rookie contracts)

Sounded like this guy wasn't likely to make the team. Figured he might be running out of time to collect