2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 08:01 PM)
The grass looks good. A lot better than the Bears. I think the Bears will be better than oredicted this season, but right now they look like a candidate to be drafting first.

It's going to be a long season. The offense cannot block and the defense lacks serious athleticism.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 05:10 PM)
yep, gonna go with Dolphins over Bears tonight 35-0

Predicting Suh hits Forte so hard both knees blow out and he falls backwards into Cutler blowing his knee out, Bears go 0-16 this year.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
And since you're such a fan of this, after the sack the entire Miami defense is going to break out into a choreographed rendition of the thriller dance being extra elaborate with the arm swings

None of this happened. You sir, are a dickhead and a liar

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Yeah fat linebackers like Pernell McPhee have never had success anywhere.

I don't mean McPhee. Also, I said fat linemen, not fat linebackers. I'm talking about LaMarr Houston, Willie Young, and David Bass.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
I don't mean McPhee. Also, I said fat linemen, not fat linebackers. I'm talking about LaMarr Houston, Willie Young, and David Bass.

McPhee in a 4-3 would certainly be a DE, not an OLB. The bolded didn't even play last night, so I don't know why you are crapping over the personnel or scheme yet.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
McPhee in a 4-3 would certainly be a DE, not an OLB. The bolded didn't even play last night, so I don't know why you are crapping over the personnel or scheme yet.

I know McPhee is an effective OLB, I'm not trying to insult him. I know they didn't play, but I was looking at the depth chart, and I feel like they're not going to be effective linebackers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
Still pretty worried that Kyle Fuller sucks.

Nah he will be a good ball player. Maybe not the stand alone shut down guy but he is going to be at the very least a solid DB in the league.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
I just want to say something...I am so happy we have respectable coaches.

It has really calmed me. Its such a difference from that circus of Trestman.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
At this point, no way to do that other than patience. At least you're 1/3 of the way through the guaranteed part of the contract given to the QB.

Cutlers money isnt holding back a talent infusion. The Bears need to draft better, thats all

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Cutlers money isnt holding back a talent infusion. The Bears need to draft better, thats all

Well I for one don't think he did a very good job of living up to being an $18m guaranteed QB last year, so yea I do think that money held them back from spending on FAs. That said...you're not wrong on the 2nd part.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Well I for one don't think he did a very good job of living up to being an $18m guaranteed QB last year, so yea I do think that money held them back from spending on FAs. That said...you're not wrong on the 2nd part.

His performance is not what we are discussing here, his contract is.

Spending a lot of money on free agency means you arent drafting well, and that is what got the Bears where they are right now. Cutlers paycheck shouldnt have an impact on the quality of the team around him, If the bears had merely mediocre drafts going back to the Angelo era, they wouldnt be at such a talent deficit