2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
Should be going to the Bears/Packers game with work people/vendor and I believe it's in a box. Even though we will get trounced I'm stoked to go, will be my first time at a Bears game and only 2nd time at Soldier Field.

I was so stoked before the beginning of last year's NFL season (since most folks thought the Bears would be contenders, including me). This year I'm like, whatever...:(

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
Should be going to the Bears/Packers game with work people/vendor and I believe it's in a box. Even though we will get trounced I'm stoked to go, will be my first time at a Bears game and only 2nd time at Soldier Field.

The Bears are going to win

Jenks, would you argue for any other person that they deserve a 3rd QB spot on a roster? I mean, when you sit back and think about it, it is absurd. He is a limited QB with a specific skill set that only comes in handy at specific times.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
Jenks, would you argue for any other person that they deserve a 3rd QB spot on a roster? I mean, when you sit back and think about it, it is absurd. He is a limited QB with a specific skill set that only comes in handy at specific times.

Oh I agree. However, I do think he got kind of a raw deal. I think he's good enough to be on a roster is my only point (down the bench). He's not atrocious like some people think. He looked pretty decent in his pre-season action. He looked better than his Denver games. Again, i'm not suggesting he's a great or even good QB, he's just not awful like people say he is. He has limitations, he shouldn't be running a franchise as the starting QB, but I think he's 2nd or 3rd string worthy.

Do we really think he's measurably worse than Jimmy Clausen? Who was that scrub we had a couple of years ago that went into San Fran and couldn't throw the ball to anyone when Cutler was hurt? I was at that freakin game, and you can't tell me that Tebow would have played any worse. (Jason Campbell maybe?) You could make a list of awful QB's and back-up QB's for the Bears and while i don't think Tebow would have won a lot more games or anything, i don't think he'd be any worse.

In sports guys that don't have athletic ability A, B or C still have some extra gear or some random skill that allows them to make positive contributions. It's often unexplainable, but it happens. I think Tebow's one of those guys. He'll make several awful decisions, and then he'll make a great play and you ride the wave. That's what happened in Denver. When the alternative is more average/bad QB play, why not take the guy with that extra whatever?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Every year is different, but Aaron Rodgers vs Bears last year was insane.

40 of 55 for 617 yards, 10 TDs, 0 INTs. Passer rating of 149.0. Only played in 6 quarters.

Any accurate QB was basically given the entire middle against the bears last year. Tannehill, Brady, Rodgers, Romo...god last year was terrible.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
Except for the last two seasons where he has played in all 16 games.

Hahahahaha

Interesting story here too. I'm over Deflategate as I am sure you all are, but how dumb does Goodell look? He just keeps shooting himself in the foot and lying about everything. http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/10/adam-sche...ki-jim-mcnally/

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
Except for the last two seasons where he has played in all 16 games.

Burned.

Could've sworn he's missed games every year. Maybe it seems so cuz he's always on the injury reports but ends up playing.