2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Score this morning said that when the Steelers complained, the NFL went to check out the Patriots headsets (and to tell them to take it off until the problem was solved), but every time they got near the Patriots sideline the problem magically resolved.

However, on the Dan Patrick show, this was never brought up, and Patrick was saying that it's the NFL that runs the wireless equipment, so it's on them, not the Patriots, for not sorting it out or making the headsets unavailable for both sides.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 09:41 AM)
Antonio Brown is very very good. Darrius Heyward-bey? Still an idiot.

Fun game last night. Pitt offense looks like it's going to be rolling again this year.

Pitt actually looked more impressive to me overall. They just had 3-4 boneheaded plays that gave the Pats/Gronk easy TD's. I doubt they'll just not guard guys in future games.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
The Score this morning said that when the Steelers complained, the NFL went to check out the Patriots headsets (and to tell them to take it off until the problem was solved), but every time they got near the Patriots sideline the problem magically resolved.

However, on the Dan Patrick show, this was never brought up, and Patrick was saying that it's the NFL that runs the wireless equipment, so it's on them, not the Patriots, for not sorting it out or making the headsets unavailable for both sides.

Sure, it doesnt happen anywhere but in New England, but it is on the NFL.

Gotta hand it to the Patriots though, they are basically laughing and pushing it in our faces.

Some coaches have come out and said it happens at multiple stadiums. Tony Dungy said it happens in a lot of stadiums. Mike McCarthy said the same thing in his press conference this morning.

Seems like a league wide problem, probably not a huge deal, but PATRIOTS DID IT!!!! THEY ARE EVIL!!!

I was wondering, even if the NFL provided the headsets, how do they transmit? If it's via radio signal, couldn't the Patriots just transmit the game on that radio frequency? I imagine that wouldn't be hard to do. Not saying they did, but just because the NFL provides the headsets doesn't mean other teams can not still interfere with them.

Then again, I'm not very familiar with this, so maybe it is impossible to do.

Reading about all the cheating the Pats have gotten away with over the last 15 years has really soured me on the NFL. Watched Western Kentucky-Louisiana Tech last night instead of the NFL game. Probably cutting back significantly the number of Sunday night/Monday night games I watch.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 08:48 AM)
Reading about all the cheating the Pats have gotten away with over the last 15 years has really soured me on the NFL. Watched Western Kentucky-Louisiana Tech last night instead of the NFL game. Probably cutting back significantly the number of Sunday night/Monday night games I watch.

Cause cheating doesn't run rampant in college football recruiting?

Of course. The NFL is the Patriots' b****.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)

How could you not tune in to either root for a rapist or the most effective cheaters in modern sports?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
Cause cheating doesn't run rampant in college football recruiting?

I laughed.

The Patriots cheating is like the last thing that bothers me about the NFL. You got a f***in rapist quarterbacking the other team BUT THE PATRIOTS ARE EVIL!!!!

I laughed.

The Patriots cheating is like the last thing that bothers me about the NFL. You got a f***in rapist quarterbacking the other team BUT THE PATRIOTS ARE EVIL!!!!

Crimes like rape get dealt with in the legal system. Cheating is the responsibility of the league. But yeah, I do dislike the Steelers a bit because of Ben.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)

They really haven't gotten away with that much. A lot of it is blown way out of proportion.

Falcons admitted that they pumped in fake noise at home games, probably a bigger deal then anything Tom Brady ever did with Footballs. No one cares about the Falcons because they aren't the good team everyone wants to hate.

I just dont get the whole cheating thing. I wouldnt ever feel the sense of true accomplishment knowing that I cheated. No matter what it was...call me old fashioned. For me it it takes the fun out of winning for myself. Maybe on that type of stage and the convincing of yourself that everyone cheats might make someone delusional about cheating.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
I just dont get the whole cheating thing. I wouldnt ever feel the sense of true accomplishment knowing that I cheated. No matter what it was...call me old fashioned. For me it it takes the fun out of winning for myself. Maybe on that type of stage and the convincing of yourself that everyone cheats might make someone delusional about cheating.

But at the same time, if everyone else is cheating, all you're doing is playing at a disadvantage if you don't try some tricks of your own.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
This is obviously just me but I just don't give a crap about cheating in sports. Whether it's steroids or deflated footballs or whatever, if you can get away with it then good for you.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 11, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)

We're so much alike. :)