2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
It was great while it lasted.

The Pack are among the elite of the NFL, I'm really encouraged that they have been able to compete.

After last year's s*** show, this has been impressive.

Wow, GB got away with a clear hold on Jeffrey in the end zone, SMH.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
"Same old Jay" - Green Bay DB like 4 seasons ago now.

I wonder what happened to all the Cutler apologists that used to blame everyone but Jay.

He is what he is, I'm not even mad anymore since I expect him to somehow f*** it up at the worst time. Especially against Green Bay.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
When does Jay's contract end?

He's Guaranteed $20 million this year and next year. If he's not traded, he will be the Bears starting QB this year and next year, that's just way too much money. If he's cut after 2016 his contract will have $2 million in dead space per year during 2017 and 2018 (they reworked his deal last year moving $4 million onto the last 2 years to clear space for Jared Allen).

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 03:13 PM)
I think it was a 7 year contract 120 million; 54 million guaranteed.

This is year 2.

I was googling it, I saw it was 7 years but didn't know how many more years to go...yay, this year and 5 more to go!

Excuse me, I gotta go to the bathroom, I have a sudden urge to puke.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
I was googling it, I saw it was 7 years but didn't know how many more years to go...yay, this year and 5 more to go!

Excuse me, I gotta go to the bathroom, I have a sudden urge to puke.

They can afford to cut him if they choose to after this year. I've heard it numerous times by guys that the two year hit would have been too much (if they cut him this year), but it's completely realistic that they cut him if they want to bring in something else for next year.

After next year he will no longer be with the Bears. That's the last year of the large guarantee. It was really a 3 year 54 million dollar deal.