2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
Yep, not bad. More funny than anything that Cutler threw that predictable interception there. On defense, who would you say played well?

The defense didn't play great...there were so few possessions by both teams.

But we had the feel of an actual professional football team today, which is drastically different than last year.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
Jay despite only throwing 1 INT play pretty f***ing horrible. He was less than 50% on passes and I don't think he had a pass over 15 yards.

His inability to get us a red zone TD infuriates me more than that INT. Thought the pick was just a great play by Clay.

OLine still garbage in passing situations.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
It is sad that Winston will catch all the headlines when the real headlines should be how bad Lovie's defense is. Totally unprepared.

Giving up 4 TDs to a rookie QB in one half...yeah that's unacceptable.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)
Giving up 4 TDs to a rookie QB in one half...yeah that's unacceptable.

Basically making single read throws to wide open players. That's really unbelievable since the Bucs have had months to prepare for Mariota.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
If that's not a catch, I don't know what a catch is anymore. He had the ball in his hands, tucked it, took 2 steps, rotated in the air, fell on his back and then the ball popped out. WTF.

Terrible call, though that's been getting more and more ridiculous by the year. I feel like the challenged was called after the next play too but I'd have to see it again.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
If that's not a catch, I don't know what a catch is anymore. He had the ball in his hands, tucked it, took 2 steps, rotated in the air, fell on his back and then the ball popped out. WTF.

Agreed.

I'm not sure how he didn't have control of that. He took two steps with it and fell to the ground.

I can understand the OBJ call since he really didn't have time to make a move after he caught it, but this call just baffled me.